General TV (16 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
anyone watching Castle Rock? just finished the first season and started first episode of the 2nd
I seen about 5 episodes and got bored I may need to go back.

___

Watchmen is so fucked up but I have no idea what's going on half the time untill I read recaps online. There's too much dialogue and random sevens it's really hard to keep up with.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Watchmen went batshit crazy last episode :lol:.

The show is amazing, got to praise HBO for that.

The bad thing is that I kind of can't imagine more seasons of it because it seems like a closed story.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Watchmen went batshit crazy last episode :lol:.

The show is amazing, got to praise HBO for that.

The bad thing is that I kind of can't imagine more seasons of it because it seems like a closed story.
I watched 2 episodes only and so far I really like it. Pretty low on imdb, though, as it has only 7.5 on only 25k votes. :boh:

The Boys, however, has 8.8 which is fucking insane. Incredibly overrated imo.

Last thing I watched was When They See Us and it was quite great, I liked it.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I watched 2 episodes only and so far I really like it. Pretty low on imdb, though, as it has only 7.5 on only 25k votes. :boh:

The Boys, however, has 8.8 which is fucking insane. Incredibly overrated imo.

Last thing I watched was When They See Us and it was quite great, I liked it.
the Boys is better than Watchmen imo

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
The boys is more straight forward and easy to follow so I'd say it's more enjoyable. Watchmen is really deep and complex even though I don't know what the fuck is going in half the time I still feel like it's is a high quality TV show.

It's like comparing The Wire to The Shield

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Idk if that’s a fair comparison.

Watchmen is gritty like the Wire but the Boys is not some mindless superhero show. It’s deep as shit and really goes over a lot of societal issues and behaviors, probably more so than Watchmen which focuses mostly on racism. The Boys goes a step further and looks at power distribution, how it influences behavior, morals, choices, etc.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The watchmen show is art house craziness level of deep narrative. This show runner has it the nail on its head.

It's one of those shows people will critically praise to the heavens few years from now, while ignoring it when it's running.

Every single scene is meticulous level of wtf well thought out storytelling.

It's a bummer its 1 season only deal and 2 episodes left.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
the Boys is better than Watchmen imo
I know opinions can be wildly different, but I dont get this one :D The Boys is a cock and balls slapstick superficial comedy compared this crazy detailed complex level of creative story.

The conclusion of the entire Boys season is easily outdone by any single one of watchmens better episodes so far.

I'm not trying to compare or pit them against each other, I enjoy and look forward to both of them. But dont get how one can process two of vastly different levels of storytelling like these two and not realized which one is more rewarding or impressive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)