General TV (29 Viewers)

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I know, Black Mirror is WOT IF COMPUTAS EVIL for brainlets. This one actually makes you feel uncomfortable. Also some americanized shows are better than english counterparts: Office, Shameless, House of Cards
Nah. It’s not comparable. The Paul Rudd show is character driven like similar styled British shows.

It’s low key dark comedy about something odd. The British do it better, though. You should compare it to ‘After Life’ and such shows.

- - - Updated - - -

It's on my list of things to watch in amazon prime. I barely used that streaming service outside of Hanna, Jack Ryan and Ms marvel.

Looking forward to seeing Refn show, new season of American Gods, the terror, the new Orlando bloom fantasy show on Amazon.
The Orlando Bloom show is cack. Like a cheap detective version of Lord of The Rings.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Nah. It’s not comparable. The Paul Rudd show is character driven like similar styled British shows.

It’s low key dark comedy about something odd. The British do it better, though. You should compare it to ‘After Life’ and such shows.

- - - Updated - - -

The Orlando Bloom show is cack. Like a cheap detective version of Lord of The Rings.
yeah, it’s not good. Jack Ryan and The Boys though

Spath

Dec 6, 2012
Maybe try it instead of go by that, found the pilot to be good. Slow world building, its very fitting to the attitude of the comics very raw and cynical dystopian world. But its completely stand alone original work (its 34 years after comics, it's not adaptation but building on the world view of the comics with new storyline, its like a what if story).

Also the show runner is the same from Lost and the Left overs. He is a subtle and clever mofo who gives you narrative crumbs with fairly significant pay off later, and defenitely wont be what you expect (Him alone is reason to give the show a chance).

Meaning some of the silly triggered tears is about the nature of bad guys of the plot, but it wont be as simple as single shallow first reviews (of a pilot??) seem to assume. The world of Watchmen is a world of tons of moral grey areas (and very political in its commentary, as the comic was too). It doesnt really do good guys and bad guys the way peeps are used to, as the ending of the pilot hinted at.

I did. I liked it. :)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Maybe try it instead of go by that, found the pilot to be good. Slow world building, its very fitting to the attitude of the comics very raw and cynical dystopian world. But its completely stand alone original work (its 34 years after comics, it's not adaptation but building on the world view of the comics with new storyline, its like a what if story).

Also the show runner is the same from Lost and the Left overs. He is a subtle and clever mofo who gives you narrative crumbs with fairly significant pay off later, and defenitely wont be what you expect (Him alone is reason to give the show a chance).

Meaning some of the silly triggered tears is about the nature of bad guys of the plot, but it wont be as simple as single shallow first reviews (of a pilot??) seem to assume. The world of Watchmen is a world of tons of moral grey areas (and very political in its commentary, as the comic was too). It doesnt really do good guys and bad guys the way peeps are used to, as the ending of the pilot hinted at.
Oh, sure. There's no way I'd give up on watching something just because I heard/read something. I will probably watch it tonight.

Btw, I can't wait for The Mandalorian. I think it's going to be amazing.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I was very skeptical about Watchmen after seeing the trailers and it seemingly having no real connection to the original story but after watching the first 2 episodes I must admit I'm enjoying all the little details mentioning the old guys and I have a feeling that it will end up with Ozymandias and Dr Manhattan having a big role at one point (well Ozymandias is obvious, but Dr Manhattan is getting so much attention that I can't imagine him not getting involved).

At first I kind of hated Rorschach being used by the extremists like that but it actually makes sense if you imagine what would happen after his journal was revealed and 40 years have passed.

I really hope that Nite Owl will show up too. Silk Specter have already been cast from what I've seen.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Agreed in general Radekas. Also there is a real chance The Ozymandias we are seeing isnt actual Ozymandias but Dr Manhattan pretending to be him. Several hints to it. The whole play in second episode, plus the hint of the news briefly showing Dr Manhattan building similar castle in Mars that we see Ozymandias is in whatever secluded area he is in (looks like Wales, but made his own personal reality/dimension, with him creating clones Dr Manhattan style).

Plus the scene between the black female cop and her husband, and with her grandpa later on too, all talking about how Dr Manhattan cant make himself to look like normal human. Like its building up to a reveal that he in fact can do that.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I mean it should be obvious that he can look whatever he wants. The guy is basically a judeo-christian God at this point.

It's interesting about Ozymandias being him in reality, didn't think about it but it makes sense. Though I have seen the play in 2nd episode as Veidt being obsessed about Dr Manhattan and possibly trying to recreate the event that created him at some point maybe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)