General TV (14 Viewers)

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
I know a lot of people watch Trailer Park Boys, see memes from that show on the web quite a lot as well. Watched two episodes (each ~20min) this week and it's... rather unusual. :lol: But i saw comments like 'My friend told me to check this out, i watched 2 episodes and thought he's retarded. After some more i love the show tho.'. So will probably check next episodes as well.

From the shows i watched you can try Silicon Valley, also 2 Broke Girls was pretty ok (didn't finish it tho).
Yea I've heard of it and was going to give it a shot but then my Netflix sub ran out, I'll give it a go today. Thanks

I've gotten to season 3 I think on Silicon Valley back in 2016 iirc. Was pretty good. Should continue it but I find it harder to watch these 40 min shows

It's a 40 not 20 minute show, but you should try out The Desperate Housewives, it's got that oldschoolish humor you seem to hold dear and Bree is a spectacular woman. If you're looking for kill-your-time entertainment like Friends or HIMYM
Thanks, will give it a try. Though I find the 40 min shows a bit harder to keep up with, but at this point I'll take what I can get :D

Also It's worth mentioning that my list is sorted by shows I loved to meh shows.

Modern Family & TBBT for example were shows that I've watched to a certain extent, but would never think of going through them again. While shows like Sunny & The Office I've rewatched at least 3 times now.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Wait, was pitbull seriously recommending Desperate Housewives?
you seen it? never met a person that's seen it and doesn't agree that it's good light entertainment, which seems to be the thing he's looking for. btw, that includes guys :D I know several male fans in real life and have seen JCK listing that show as one of his all time favorites, which might be pushing it a bit :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Desperate Housewives is a pretty well made show for what it does. I don't mind it. Can't say it's a favourite or would truly recommend it to someone though.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Any recommendations on good 20 min comedies/sitcoms? I've been trying to find one for a while now, but have been watching reruns for a solid year now since I can't find any good ones.

Here's a rundown of good and meh shows that I've gone through:
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Scrubs
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Seinfeld
The Office
Peep Show
Rick & Morty
Bojack Horseman
Blue Mountain State
Arrested Development
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Friends
How I Met Your Mother
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
American Dad!
Community
Futurama
The IT Crowd
Archer
That 70's Show
The Simpsons
30 Rock
Fresh Off the Boat
F is for Family
Parks & Rec
The Ranch
Family Guy
Modern Family
New Girl
The Big Bang Theory
‘The End of the Fucking World’. Great dark British humour in a 20 minute episode. It’s an awesome I think is very underrated.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Taxi is one of the best ever even if its old as fuck its still better than most of what we have on TV now. Legendary cast that included:

Andy Kaufmann, Dani DeVito and Christopher loyd.

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
'The End of the Fucking World’. Great dark British humour in a 20 minute episode. It’s an awesome I think is very underrated.
Yea I’ve heard lots of good things about it. Is it a mini series or will there be a season 2?

Taxi is one of the best ever even if its old as fuck its still better than most of what we have on TV now. Legendary cast that included:

Andy Kaufmann, Dani DeVito and Christopher loyd.
Oh man I love Dani, will definitely add this to my queue

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Even though he's a big fan of the game, I'm skeptical of how well he'll play him on screen. I trust the showrunner though, so hope it works out. :tup:
I thought Mads Mikkelsen was already chosen. Better actor (even saw trailer). But I like Cavill, he will do fine. Big profile for a tv series. He was great in Tudors.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Even though he's a big fan of the game, I'm skeptical of how well he'll play him on screen. I trust the showrunner though, so hope it works out. :tup:
He also read the books which I really like. I'm not a huge fan of his but I actually think he'll do very good, he will surprise people. I think it's a great chance for him, as I can't really stand him as a Superman. This will be a first big task. Btw, guys who wrote Daredevil (I think) are working on this one and apparently it's a huge budget as well. I think chances of Witcher being shit are close to zero.

I thought Mads Mikkelsen was already chosen. Better actor (even saw trailer). But I like Cavill, he will do fine. Big profile for a tv series. He was great in Tudors.

:D that trailer was fan made. But the role would suit him, though.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Btw besides Jack Ryan, I highly recommend for you guys to try our new UK series called Bodyguard.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
How is the Witcher going to satisfy feminazis and SJW's all around the world? It's Netflix after all, and the main character doesn't seem to fit in at all, if he's anything like the video game version that is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)