General TV (64 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
HBO has the cash.
You would think, but it was extremely time and money consuming to make the 2nd season. Especially adapting conflict and the little war battle scenes they did cost a lot. Just look at GOT that costs a bit more, and they can afford to give that a bigger budget because they know with its source material it will make bank commercially. But ancient Rome tale, that gets scrutinized alot more since it's basically the cradle to Western civilization, doesn't have as much much mass appeal interest.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
You would think, but it was extremely time and money consuming to make the 2nd season. Especially adapting conflict and the little war battle scenes they did cost a lot. Just look at GOT that costs a bit more, and they can afford to give that a bigger budget because they know with its source material it will make bank commercially. But ancient Rome tale, that gets scrutinized alot more since it's basically the cradle to Western civilization, doesn't have as much much mass appeal interest.
its so much better though :(

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It is, I miss the swagger, gravitas and wit of James Purefoys's Mark Antony.

Showing up casually hangover to a meeting that divides all the known world :lol:

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Sounds good, might try it out, need something to watch, I'm dissapointed by mr robot past two weeks.
I've personally found the show great up to tihs point . Have you checked Dark Matter and Killjoys , usual syfy sci-fi stuff , but being a sci-fi fan I am finding these 2 kind of entertaining . Don't go in expecting much though , it's syfy after all .

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I've personally found the show great up to tihs point . Have you checked Dark Matter and Killjoys , usual syfy sci-fi stuff , but being a sci-fi fan I am finding these 2 kind of entertaining . Don't go in expecting much though , it's syfy after all .
I watch Dark Matter and like it despite how weak it is at times, it feels like 90s simple Sci fi ala Stargate that I use to watch as a kid.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I should be better then Dark Matter (who am watching just because summer shows are so few). And especially Killjoy who I absolutely couldnt stand in first episode, despite having very low standards for tv most of the time lol.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Thats encouraging to hear (coupled with Deneb recommendation), dowloading it, because I noticed we pretty much have the complete opposte taste in tv/movies mostly.
Ive got much love for the movie, so any attempt of watching the series was probably doomed to fail for me.

Also the lead actor is beyond annoying, cant watch a show if all I can think about is punching the guy who takes up 80% of the screentime:D

Go for it tho, you might enjoy it.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
on its own with obviously some shared themes

:agree: @Nzoric tries too hard to be cool
Come on man, you might have enjoyed it but it was not a quality production. Cant speak for the storyline since I didnt finish it, but everything else was kind of comical.

What is it with men getting lead roles in shows that are way out of their league? 12 monkeys, Marco Polo, Daredevil, Banshee etc.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Come on man, you might have enjoyed it but it was not a quality production. Cant speak for the storyline since I didnt finish it, but everything else was kind of comical.

What is it with men getting lead roles in shows that are way out of their league? 12 monkeys, Marco Polo, Daredevil, Banshee etc.
did you like battlestar galactica? what it lacked in production it made up for it in substance, i actually see a lot of objectivism critiquing in the show.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011

Generally you don't watch syfy shows for the production values . Charlie Cox is a good Matt Murdock imho .

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
did you like battlestar galactica? what it lacked in production it made up for it in substance, i actually see a lot of objectivism critiquing in the show.
Didnt watch battlestar because I was in the room while my dad was watching and I overheard how they said "fuck" :D

Think ive watched a few episodes here and there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)