General TV (32 Viewers)

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Some of the 'old' stuff is alright. Rowan Atkinson, John Cleese and them :tup:

Just people like Ricky Gervais and that other fella with the small 'sidekick' who often dresses up as a woman, they're just trying too hard. Many of them visit Top Gear, I actually switch channels til they piss off and finish cracking 'jokes'. Bunch of idiots.
All modern entertainment is inferior to the previous generation.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Apart from Top Gear, there's no English show that's been remotely funny or cool to watch, whether it be Ricky Gervais or whoever. I guess I don't really like English humour in general.
Ricjky Gervais is horribly unfunny,yes he was good in the Office,but that was because he was playing a complete twat,he didn't even need to get into character for that one

Fawlty Towers
Blackadder
Yes Minister
Father Ted
Men Behaving Badly
Red Dwarf
The Young Ones
Bottom

All of those are Comedy masterclasses, you should watch them all immediately.
Blackadder is possibly one of teh greatest comedy shows ever made,Father Ted was genius and the Red Dwarf series was brilliant(though the recent return was not in the same class)

at the moment the only comedy show i like is The IT crowd which was written by the guy who wrote father ted and black books(i think)

oh and Peep show was utterly brilliant

Apr 15, 2006
Physical media? That's so old school. Just grab the video binaries and play off a local disk. It's the wave of the future, man. :D
That's exactly what I did a few days ago. Once I'm done with Breaking Bad, it's The Wire time! :)
Apart from Top Gear, there's no English show that's been remotely funny or cool to watch, whether it be Ricky Gervais or whoever. I guess I don't really like English humour in general.
Have you watched The Ricky Gervais Show? I think it's pretty good, if not hilarious. Though it's mostly about Karl Pilkington's stupidity rather than Ricky's brilliance!

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I wonder how the show will be next season... The writing has been good so far, so I hope they don't disappoint...

Treme is next in line...

OP
V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #455
    • V

V

Blackadder is possibly one of teh greatest comedy shows ever made,Father Ted was genius and the Red Dwarf series was brilliant(though the recent return was not in the same class)

at the moment the only comedy show i like is The IT crowd which was written by the guy who wrote father ted and black books(i think)

oh and Peep show was utterly brilliant
    I pretty much watched all of the old stuff, I love brittish humor, so I took your advice and started watching The IT Crowd...one season a day. :p That's one freaking awesome show. I only wish there were more episodes. Denholm and Douglas are one of the most brilliant characters ever. :lol2:

Give me something else I'll like, Boz. Pleeeeeease.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
    Treme is poo after a while.
    Objection noted.

I pretty much watched all of the old stuff, I love brittish humor, so I took your advice and started watching The IT Crowd...one season a day. :p That's one freaking awesome show. I only wish there were more episodes. Denholm and Douglas are one of the most brilliant characters ever. :lol2:

Give me something else I'll like, Boz. Pleeeeeease.
    I've quoted this line a million times in here, but I'll still say it :D

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" :lol2:

OP
    V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #458
    • V

V

icεmαή;2586489 said:
    I've quoted this line a million times in here, but I'll still say it :D

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" :lol2:
    :D
    icεmαή;2586490 said:
    Yo V, any new shows you been watching?
    Hmm...not really. The newest I'm watching is "Hung". It starts of good in the first couple of episodes, then sort of goes downhill...interesting concept, about a male prostitute, but some of the characters are downright annoying so I'm undecided if I'll continue watching it. Give the first season a try, there's some laughs in it.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
    The thing is once I start watching I tend to watch the whole thing. Like Heroes, it was rubbish after the first season but I still watched the whole thing :p

OP
    V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #460
    • V

V

icεmαή;2586578 said:
    The thing is once I start watching I tend to watch the whole thing. Like Heroes, it was rubbish after the first season but I still watched the whole thing :p
    Then give it a go.

Also, if you haven't already, watch Generation Kill. Top notch really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)