General TV (31 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
In its bizzare way, the tv (mini) series captures the spirit of Sherlock a little despite being modern and out there, with his viscerally hilarious encounters with Mycroft, Moriarty etc. Main source of entertainment is mainly that. Both roles extremely well casted:

Way way bigger pet peeves for me as someone who read the books is the movies, Guy Ritchie has NO clue about Sherlock, and its genuinly an action comedy farce with self-important RDJ who forgot he is not supposed to play himself (words for Iron Man, but not someone as iconic as Sherlock Holmes).

Btw, have you seen the new movie with Ian Mckellan? I'm corious to see, Sherlock Holmes in 80 year old cynical age lol.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Sherlock is so awesome!!!! Benedict rules!!!! absolute must
#I'mACumberbitchAndProudOfIt

If you need shows to kill time @Klin, I suggest Community, Its always sunny in Philadelphia, Workaholics, Parks and Recreations, House of cards, Entourage. Those for me made 2 hours felt like 20 minutes.!

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
what you think of hannibal?
the one on NBC? Wasn't a fan at first - thought the acting cam out as forced, unnatural and the "visions" moments were too obtrusive and interrupted the flow of the show. IMO became a lot better later on though (midway thru 1st season onward), and thought it captured the "hannibal" suspense pretty well. A pleasant surprise for a NBC show, so far.
Haven't gotten around to watching the new season yet but have read somewhat mixed reviews about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Did X tell you to write this?
that neg rep you gave me only proves X was right - you are just a sexually repressed and confused emo :p

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I couldn't watch more than 23 minutes in the first episode of season 1 Sherlock. My wife is a HUGE fan though and so are many others I know but I really cannot understand why.

I need a treat desperately, something to erase the binge I did for True Detective season 2.

Best instagram today though
Whew. And here I thought I was the only one who didn't appreciate the "glory" of that show. Even if I'm not a Cumberbitch.

And while the show is far from perfect, I am really into Mr. Robot these days if you haven't started on it.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
If you need shows to kill time @Klin, I suggest Community, Its always sunny in Philadelphia, Workaholics, Parks and Recreations, House of cards, Entourage. Those for me made 2 hours felt like 20 minutes.!
You're the best!

the one on NBC? Wasn't a fan at first - thought the acting cam out as forced, unnatural and the "visions" moments were too obtrusive and interrupted the flow of the show. IMO became a lot better later on though (midway thru 1st season onward), and thought it captured the "hannibal" suspense pretty well. A pleasant surprise for a NBC show, so far.
Haven't gotten around to watching the new season yet but have read somewhat mixed reviews about it.
The last season ruined the series IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)