General TV (19 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Vinyl does not look like a series I would want to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Vinyl does not look like a series I would want to watch.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
From yesterday's ep of Why? With Hannibal Buress...

Hannibal: Would you fuck Tiger Woods?
South Central LA Woman in the street: Hell no. Not even with a fucking coat on.

That there is good television...

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Yep. But an American remake sounds like a bad idea, even with Fincher.
Byt why does it? Utopia is an interesting concept, and it was well done atmosphwere-wise. But the series desperately lacked fleshed out characters and a plan with the second season. Imo Utopia had the potential to be fantastic, but ended up not knowing where to go with the second season.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Byt why does it? Utopia is an interesting concept, and it was well done atmosphwere-wise. But the series desperately lacked fleshed out characters and a plan with the second season. Imo Utopia had the potential to be fantastic, but ended up not knowing where to go with the second season.
There are rare cases where I've equally liked British shows and their American remakes. Life on Mars being one of them -- but even for that the two shows were too similar in the initial stages.

I'd just rather invest my time in more of an original, like Mr. Robot, than Utopia Redux at this moment...

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
There are rare cases where I've equally liked British shows and their American remakes. Life on Mars being one of them -- but even for that the two shows were too similar in the initial stages.

I'd just rather invest my time in more of an original, like Mr. Robot, than Utopia Redux at this moment...
I just think Utopia is a good, rare example of a series that makes sense to get rebooted. Lots of potential, but room for improvement.

The bolded part, I understand though. Mr. Robot does have a Utopia vibe though. I'm already tired of the main character though. :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
What's been the saving grace of Mr. Robot after Sam Esmail stopped writing the eps is that other characters, such as Tyrell and Fernando, have gotten more interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)