General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (30 Viewers)

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
I don't hate Microsoft for doing it, I hate the fact that they are doing it, as in the direction of the industry.
Totally understand that and I agree. Unfortunately, its just the general direction of the industry to consolidate as costs have risen.

I'm surprised its taken this long to even see this amount of consolidation. When you look at other media industries, film/tv and music, the consolidation occurred relatively quickly compared to gaming. The fact AAA game development is just jumping up in price while also being so risky is another driving force.

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
I started with 3, and put 420 hours into that one. All of these countries to play over 400 years of history and I almost always choose Naples every time :D
Progress update. Still 220 years left in the game and I'm well on my way to a World Conquest and probable One Faith

eu4_2022-02-12_19-39-42.jpg

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
I don't consider myself good enough to do ironman most of the time :p. I recently bought Dharma so I'm doing a chill Bengal run now, never played in the region before.
Doesn't require any particular skill level. I think people lose a war or have some bad event happen and they thinks its game over.

The games run from 1444-1821 so there is a LOT of time to turn a campaign around. Every campaign doesn't need to be a world conquest or map painting session. Once I embraced that, Ironman opens up a lot.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Doesn't require any particular skill level. I think people lose a war or have some bad event happen and they thinks its game over.

The games run from 1444-1821 so there is a LOT of time to turn a campaign around. Every campaign doesn't need to be a world conquest or map painting session. Once I embraced that, Ironman opens up a lot.
I've had successful campaigns before don't get me wrong, but things definitely aren't as efficient as they could be. Usually in Italy I end up getting blocked from expanding due to a web of rival alliances. Its been a while though, maybe I'll try Brandenburg next and see if I can contend with expanding within the HRE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)