General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (19 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
This has been the most prolific gaming month for me, i have bought games that will last months, because i can only afford 2-4 hours/ week for gaming.
Warhammer 2 for PC, with Forza Motorsports 7 pending.
Project cars 2, Gran Turismo sports for PS4 pro and shadow of war and AC origins.
And last but not least FIFA 2018 and Mario Odyssey for Nintendo switch.
By far the best gaming month of the last 2 years.
There is nothing left for me to buy for holidays though, except Days gone if it actually makes for x-mas...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

:delpiero:

@King of Kings @Salvo @JuveJay :)D) THIS SHIT LOOOOOOKS LIT :star:

FYI if you didnt get it, Open world and its about when the til then unbeatable Mongol hoarde attacked Japan (spoiler, they failed lol).

- - - Updated - - -

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Never thought i'd ever say it, but i'm soooo tired of open world games and all the meaningless missions and sidequests they put into these games just to extend the gaming time.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its best of both worlds, give you linnear main story to follow, then have the freedom to explore an espansive beautiful world. Tho content of the world varies, its STILL better then the alternative of ONLY having a single story game which ends after 12-15 game time. Then what can you do, just replay the same story?

Much prefer being given a Witcher 3 or Skyrim type world then a closed off single campaign walk through that you go through cut scene after cut scene between gameplay missions then its over. Nothing to explore or give life to the world its telling story of.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
If it has a good story, ok, but lot's of open world games don't have one and are nothing but a empty world filled with boring quests...Skyrim being one of them imo :snoop:

So Yeah, currently i prefer a well written, linear 12 hour game over open world games.
Old one, but a good example of what i mean is Alan Wake.

And what i do when i finished the game? I sell it for minimal loss :p

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I shouldnt talk, I rarely finish games, but I like the appeal of open world games still. They add an extra layer to things on top of a great story.

Because yes an open world game still needs to have a compelling story.

But my favourite kind is neither open world or nor too linnear/short game, aka Metal Gear series, full on engaging cinematic long experience.

Tho last MGS game is open world it seems, havent played it yet.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
It depends on how well the side quests are done.
Something like the witcher 3 where although it's pretty much the same mechanics, the story telling of the side quests is great. So it's more enjoyable. I like to complete all side quests up to the level of my main one then continue the main story. Oblivion was another game with great side quests.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Been playing Assassin’s Creed Origins and man have they tried to do a Witcher + Horizon New Dawn mixup. So far the story has been pretty interesting and the world fun to explore. I think we got a winner here this time around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)