General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (15 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Damn @Zacheryah Dragon Age Inquisition has the ugliest clothing/armor I've ever seen in a RPG game. I'm really trying to like it but damn they ugly, son.
They started that trend in the previous game.

Like i tought, game has received 90+ reviews across the board, but every independant reviewer is saying it doesnt come close to Orgins

- - - Updated - - -

this is why we PC gaming master race.

soon modders will role out custom modded armors, weapons, faces, hair, music..etc.
Gonna wait for that.

Same thing with new vegas. Dem power armors so ugly. Unless you get the book of steel mod

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
They started that trend in the previous game.

Like i tought, game has received 90+ reviews across the board, but every independant reviewer is saying it doesnt come close to Orgins
I was never a fan of series but got this one because of the high ratings. It's like Fable trying to be a little more serious, it's very boring at times.

That's why the Elder Scrolls and The Witcher series have no equal.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I was never a fan of series but got this one because of the high ratings. It's like Fable trying to be a little more serious, it's very boring at times.

That's why the Elder Scrolls and The Witcher series have no equal.
Fable is a 3/10 in my book while DAO was 11/10 and the best rpg i've played.

The witcher is pretty good aswel, but not like DAO. Elder scrolls is to different imo.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
Fable is a 3/10 in my book while DAO was 11/10 and the best rpg i've played.

The witcher is pretty good aswel, but not like DAO. Elder scrolls is to different imo.
If DAO is anything like DAI it isn't really my cup of tea. There's something special about the Elder scrolls/The Witcher series that i simply don't feel when playing the EA game. It feels like a failed attempt to mimic and mix Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls and Fable into one game.

It lacks something i just can't quite put my finger on it.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
DAI, apart from graphics (arguably) is inferior in every way to DAO.

Tbh it has become a pretty different game. DAI is more of a third person action game, with limited depth, alot of boring grinds, unplayable isometric perspective at the right difficulty, and is clearly cathering to a bigger less skilled market.
What they tried to do, is mix a bit of dark souls and spellforce/blizzard "hero with basebuilding to get lesser units style into it.

Here is the deal. Dark souls 1p/3p gameplay the best by far, and DAI like every other game, isnt even close.
The addition of building stuff and beeing a general is a nice twist, but it effectively made this game have entirely different gameplay.

Why was DAO so good, and so much better ?

DAO had an impressive story. Impressive dialog depth that was meaningfull. The compaignons had deep and good writing and keep standing out as among the best in any game. The isometric real time paused action was incredibly well executed. The combo's you could do where amazing and required specific leveling. There was excellent depth in character development. Its was actually pretty hard half of the game, and tricky for the rest. Even if you went 3mage like me. The superior magetank "arcane warrior" remains the most awesome RPG char i've ever made since the Shillien Knight in Lineage 2. The area's were impressive and remain so today. Did i mention the story was amazing ? The racial hate and issues were incredibly well done. You could make a char that felt ridiculously powerfull, but required skill to execute well.

I ran 2 bloodmages (Morrigan, Whinne), one ranged assassin (the bisexual dude i zehir or something), and my Arcane Warrior to domminate the battlefield. And while i did other combos on my playtroughs, that one remained the most insane party comp i've ever done.

DO2 had a bit more active mageplay, but lesser and lesser skilltrees, and the higher difficultys were badly done. DAI is better then DO2, lesser then DOA.

Each DO has different gameplay. DAO remains the best.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
I'd have to try DAO to fully understand the differences. But i'm sure you know what i mean when i say it doesn't really grab my attention as other RPGs do.

In Oblivion or Skyrim, i'd lost countless hours of just exploring without losing interest for a second. The exploring bit in DAI is so linear and boring and doesn't feel rewarding.

The lore is confusing and the game gives you too much information at once making it a chore to read it all.

The gear are some of the worse i've seen. I'm not sure what kind of fashion trend they're going for but it just looks too clownish.

I guess it's not my kind of RPG.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I'd have to try DAO to fully understand the differences. But i'm sure you know what i mean when i say it doesn't really grab my attention as other RPGs do.

In Oblivion or Skyrim, i'd lost countless hours of just exploring without losing interest for a second. The exploring bit in DAI is so linear and boring and doesn't feel rewarding.

The lore is confusing and the game gives you too much information at once making it a chore to read it all.

The gear are some of the worse i've seen. I'm not sure what kind of fashion trend they're going for but it just looks too clownish.

I guess it's not my kind of RPG.
I've heard complaints about the boring "the hinterlands", and that its not quite that big on the exploring front. I checked some of the gear and i agree its rather underwhelming, i dont like it eighter.

Lets look what DAO offers in comparison.

On the exploring aspect, you are transitioning between many zones. Its not like "go out and explore" like you only get in an open world rpg (fallout, farcry,selder scrolls), but the zones you go trough are incredibly well done. Actually, i'll go as far as saying that when looking at all of them, there is MUCH more variety in the places you go to in DAO, then in any of the open world RPG's.
lastly, 'ive heard the lore required some looking up to fully understand, or watch youtubes. altho in all honesty, thats exactly the same as Dark Souls :tongue:

The exploring is lineair tho. But very rewarding here. For example you need to find a phylactery in a rather difficult zone to unlock the most OP class in the game (arcane warrior). There are the revenants, wich you can choose to confront or not, wich tend to be extremely tough to relatively tough earlyer on, but some have specific rewards in return.
The big addon for example, had a spectral dragon, wich is entirely optimal, but very hard to fight.

The lore in DAO is easy to get started into, and pretty excellent along the way. trough compagnion quest you find out more stuff aswel. You know what you are doing and why, and its never a predictable end.

The gear in DAO was pretty good. Especially plate (like allways). I disliked it alot when in DA2 when they changed that. I adore the look of the "warden commander plate set" aswel as many others. Not clownish at all, unlike what they did in DAI

- - - Updated - - -

I'm now gonna stop talking about DOA, or 'm installing it again, and completing it entirey, again :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)