General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (16 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Interesting how on another forum I'm on, everyone calls Watch Dogs overrated, but here it's different. Don't know whether or not to buy it. :D
Kids nowadays expect too much then get disappointed when they don't get what they want. Watchdogs is not a groundbreaking game with the best graphics on this earth. It's just a good game with some unique ideas, which is exactly what I expected.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
What I really wish would be (re)made is San Andreas. I'm sure at least 50% of the work would already be done. Plus it would be an infinitely better game than V, not that V wasn't a very good game. Imagine San Andreas but with new graphics, physics, gameplay etc and bigger map.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Kids nowadays expect too much then get disappointed when they don't get what they want. Watchdogs is not a groundbreaking game with the best graphics on this earth. It's just a good game with some unique ideas, which is exactly what I expected.
True that, top quality graphics are nice and I appreciate them in a game, but they're secondary to story and gameplay IMO. Just look at the games we played when we were kids, we were able to survive back then without extremely realistic HD graphics. What happened to just being entertained?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Graphics don't mean Shit. It's about gameplay. Sadly games nowadays are more about the cinematic experience. My cousin has watchdogs says it's great. I really want them to make another red Dead, loved that game. Sleeping dogs was good as well.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
I'm still peeved several years later about how Metal Gear Solid 4 practically had movie-length cutscenes. It was ridiculous, ruined the game for me and I never actually finished it.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
True that, top quality graphics are nice and I appreciate them in a game, but they're secondary to story and gameplay IMO. Just look at the games we played when we were kids, we were able to survive back then without extremely realistic HD graphics. What happened to just being entertained?
Internet happened. Online gaming did more damage than good IMO. And a lot of angry spoiled kids who can't handle losing. It's all about the nicest graphics and looking for reasons to complain.

Hell, back in Atari days i didn't give a rat's ass about bugs and such, it was all about having fun.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
I hate losing too, it's why I rarely play online or against other people. :D I'm not even that good at most games, I just play to waste time and have fun.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I'm still peeved several years later about how Metal Gear Solid 4 practically had movie-length cutscenes. It was ridiculous, ruined the game for me and I never actually finished it.
I like games like that. Mostly because the story adds entertainment value. I remember how Kingdom Hearts and some of the Final Fantasy games were my shit back in college.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Your top 50 or so (or 25 :p) games ever, go:

Nintendo 64
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Star Wars: Episode I Pod Racer
Top Gear: Overdrive
Mission Impossible

PC
Fallout: New Vegas
Football Manager 2011
Company of Heroes
Race Driver: GRID
NBA Live 2003
Call of Duty 4
Battlefield 2
World In Conflict
ArmA 2
Counter Strike: Source
Return To Castle Wolfenstein
Company of Heroes
Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed
Hitman: Blood Money
Empire Earth
Sim City 4
Tetris
Daytona USA
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3
Lego Island 2
Age of Mythology
Empire: Total War
Far Cry 2
F1: 2001
Need for Speed II SE
AFL Live 2004
NBA 2K12
V8 Challenge
Age of Empires

PS2
GTA: San Andreas
GTA: Vice City
GTA: Vice City Stories
Gran Turismo 4
FIFA 07
Need for Speed: Carbon
Time Crisis 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Star Wars: Battlefront 2
Need for Speed: Underground 2

Xbox 360
GTA: V
GTA: IV
Fallout 3
Forza Motorsport 4
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed
Half Life 2 (Episdoes 1-3)
Fifa 11
Red Dead Redemption
Gears of War 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty: World at War

Some of the first ones I played when I was 4 so not like I still play them now :lol2:

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
No way I'm going to write out that many, but I'll just make a small list of games that had an impact on me in some way:

Pokemon Red/Blue - first games I were ever really hooked on, parents finally gave in and bought me a Game Boy because I wouldn't shut up about it
Gran Turismo 3 - first realistic racing game I played
Katamari Damacy - random, but strangely fun as hell
Silent Hill 2 and 3 - my first survival horror games
Halo "trilogy" (1-3) - before they started milking the series for everything it's worth
Resident Evil 4 - hated the controls in the previous games which kept me from enjoying them fully, so this was the first one I really liked
Fatal Frame 2 - fucking scary-ass game, more than any SH or RE
Portal - showed you can still make a great game even without a ton of action scenes and whatnot
Team Fortress 2 - only online game I ever played, too bad they made it too complicated by adding too much new shit
Bioshock - incorporated great graphics, storyline and gameplay. One of the most "complete" to me in that regard.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Well that's basically what I did and that was the list I ended up with :p

I would choose these as my all time favourites

GTA: San Andreas
GTA: IV
GTA: V (SP + online)
Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas
Company of Heroes (SP + online)
Top Gear: Overdrive
Return To Castle Wolfenstein (online)
Call of Duty 4 (SP + online)
Star Wars: Battlefront 2
Assassin's Creed II
Gran Turismo 4
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Need for Speed: Underground 2
Age of Mythology
World In Conflict (SP + online)
Empire: Total War

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)