General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (22 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Really enjoying Watchdogs. Lots of stuff to do in the game. Some very creative ideas like the digital trips and some of the chasing/getaways.

It's also cool when you're playing the campaign and out of nowhere a real player will hack you. And there you are trying to find the bastard...

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
ßöмßäяðîëя;4562313 said:
The hacking bit. Is it like a technology-driven version of GTA?
More or less. It has it's own thing going on though. The game is pretty much this; it's a open-world GTA-ish map and you have a smart phone that can hack into several things, like cameras and roadblocks and generators. You can hack into a camera on the street to investigate/search for stuff from a distance and/or use it to hack into other things in a mission, like exploding a big generator and making that whole area go dark (for cover) for some seconds.

You can Hack into people's phone and listen to their conversations and some of them will turn into side missions. There's a shitload of stuff as i said.

The "online" hacking bit is this, you can either hack or be hacked. If you're playing campaign, a random online player will out of nowhere start hacking you, from there it'll show a big round area where he should be, you have to find him before the time runs out. The fun part here is that he looks and is acting like just a random CPU in the city. OR you can just try to hack somebody yourself, then you have to be the one trying to blend in and not look suspicious.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Is there much to do when not on missions? Or go on rampages and stuff?
Lots. Just like any open world it has it's mini games and mini missions all over the map. You can hack into somebody's home and steal from their computer/phone, deliver cars while being chased by the cops, etc...

Rampage is a GTA thing damnit. But there's something really wtf called Digital Trips.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
My wife picked it up for me on Tuesday. I have yet to try it. I just haven't had the time.

Oh, by the way, for fans of Demon's Souls...........................................

The PS4 exclusive from the makers of Demon's Souls

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Lots. Just like any open world it has it's mini games and mini missions all over the map. You can hack into somebody's home and steal from their computer/phone, deliver cars while being chased by the cops, etc...

Rampage is a GTA thing damnit. But there's something really wtf called Digital Trips.

Just picked up a copy :tup:

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
My wife picked it up for me on Tuesday. I have yet to try it. I just haven't had the time.

Oh, by the way, for fans of Demon's Souls...........................................

The PS4 exclusive from the makers of Demon's Souls

@Zacheryah will have an orgasm when he sees that.

- - - Updated - - -

ßöмßäяðîëя;4562654 said:
That game doesn't look extremely good, graphically..
It's good just not groundbreaking. Cut scenes look a little sharper and more detailed than GTA5.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
I can't see how, the cars are utterly useless going around corners imo.

The rest is great though, love the side missions when you get to interrupt a crime in progress a smash skulls with that truncheon

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
I can't see how, the cars are utterly useless going around corners imo.

The rest is great though, love the side missions when you get to interrupt a crime in progress a smash skulls with that truncheon
Just don't go too crazy on the gas. It tries to have a more realistic driving feel than GTA.

- - - Updated - - -

My tip to you is let go of R2 on corners, then accelerate again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)