General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (22 Viewers)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Why are you telling me things I already know and more importantly why in the first place?

These games are 10 years old, they all have 2013 release date. I guess you could also say the same for CoD and Battlefield too.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
wait so long for what?
Genuinly good and creative RTS and FPS.

I nearly always get dissapointed. However, 2013 and 2014 are great years.

Spiritual successor of total annihilation and supreme commander comes out : planetary annihilation
Spiritial successor of Dungeon keeper comes out : War for the overworld, and simularly Maia.
Halflife Black mesa part 2 (Half life black mesa, the fanmade revamp on the source engine, is the best fps campaign i ever played)
C&C generals : 2 comes out. The most amusing fps ever, is getting a sequel. Forget any other c&c or red alert, generals was BY FAR the most amusing.
Planescape torment : comes out in 2014
Dragon age 3 comes out in 2014, and this time perhaps EA wont rush the shit out of it, nearly killing the best modern rpg franchise.
The witcher 3

i can make quite the list tbh :p

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Company of Heroes/2
any ArmA game
World in Conflict
Total War games
Fallout 3/NV
+ many more

CoD4 and BF2 are still great as well

p.s. C&C General 2 will be crap, expect it to be pay2win (ea)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Ooh, i forgot about fallout, wich is also a terrific game. One of the most fun RPG's i have ever played.
Far better setting and game then Bioshock infinite.

not a fan of COD, BF is a nice game, but Planetside 2 beats it in every aspect

Not sure about C&C generals. Yes, EA, root of all evil and the worst company in the world© will do everything to fuck it up, but they are trying to improve their PR.
They allready dropped the online passes (surprisingly) against used games.

I dont mind DLC, but if they come up with their fucking day1DLC, then fuck them, seriously. I'll pirate it and play a modded version in lan.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
It's going to be free to play, so obviously there will be heaps of DLC and 'pay 2 win'.

Check out World In Conflict, a bit old now but still a great game.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

Company of Heroes/2
any ArmA game
World in Conflict
Total War games
Fallout 3/NV
+ many more

CoD4 and BF2 are still great as well

p.s. C&C General 2 will be crap, expect it to be pay2win (ea)

they said in march they won't do the pay2win thingy and all elements will be free from start..

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
They don't have much market in Japan anyway, but what a disaster to completely ignore Asian gamers until 2014. It's like they don't want to sell this console.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
As a console shooter gamer, I have to say Zach is totally right about FPS scene, it's just so dumbed down and watered down yearly BS, every Dev tries to do dumb Cod clones to cater to numbnuts generation that been conditioned by that series. Anything that tries to anything half different from that is doomed to fail, or just be niche cult game at best.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
They don't have much market in Japan anyway, but what a disaster to completely ignore Asian gamers until 2014. It's like they don't want to sell this console.
Considering that Dead Rising 3 is made by a Japanese developer, you would think that they would have that up and running in that continent. It's only home to the fastest internet speeds in the world

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It's going to be free to play, so obviously there will be heaps of DLC and 'pay 2 win'.

Meh, EA totally isnt getting what DLC was supposed to be.

Bring out a game, full price, and within the next couple of months, bring a big new content to download for money. Like an expansion. Yes, i''ll pay for it.

Create an open world (or sort off), and put a great story in it. Later, revisit the world with an entire new story (GTA 4->bikers->gay tony)

Not this "hey lets charge a full game, then remove shit and add day 1 dlc cause why the fuck not, make the day 1 dlc incredibly overrating/cheating, and later add wiorthless dlc.

C&C this way... its just wrong.

I had the most fun with older c&c's, because i did each campaign, then figured out who i preferred in LAN.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, yeah, great game, shame on me for forgetting about it :p

As a console shooter gamer, I have to say Zach is totally right about FPS scene, it's just so dumbed down and watered down yearly BS, every Dev tries to do dumb Cod clones to cater to numbnuts generation that been conditioned by that series. Anything that tries to anything half different from that is doomed to fail, or just be niche cult game at best.
Nail on the head. Its such a shame.

it may sound silly, but i miss times, when i actually had to think what to do, or how. Nowadays, playing games on the highest difficulty level doesnt even guarantee it to be very challenging.

Unless dark souls. THAT game is genuinly hard.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
guyse, "The Witcher 2 Enhanced edition" is on weekend sale at steam, for just €6.6

Seriously, grab it, such great game.
I might do that, I bought a gaming PC (my first ever) for 18k SEK couple months back, but havent played any games on it yet. I'm a big fan of Witcher book series, and been corious about the Witcher games for a while, but never had a PC good enough to try em.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)