General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (38 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
That's basically it, although it's not a massive surprise as the 360 dashboard evolved in that direction of the last few years.
I don't care about being able to run your Fantasy Football Leagues through XBOX Live, I don't care about a Live Action Halo Series, and I don't care about Timed Exclusive DLC for yet another Call of Duty Game. I want to see specifications, I want to know what this machine has under the hood, and aside from the 8GB of RAM, they disclosed nothing. WHich leads me to believe, as a lot of people had already mentioned, that it is not on par, power wise, as the PS4. And it appears that XBOX Live is going to again be a paid service. Christ almighty.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
8GB also doesn't seem a lot if they are going to be running multiple OS's. How much is going to be used just on dashboard?

From what they are saying, 3GB are going to be used for the Operating Systems, wheras the PS4 is only using 1, and the PS4 memory is faster as well.

I just really want Microsoft to show me some games, show me sonme new IP's. Please.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
"killer exclusives at E3" said no one ever.

Since most of us here are in their 20ties or older, we remember E3 as the gaming mekka for a long time

However, current date, the fantastic game conventions, are Pax and GamesCom.

"E3 is mostly a place for -20year old swaggers, booth babes, and bad production value's with means its skipped by most serious journalists and critics

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
ps4 :

storage : 500gb hdd
memory : 8gb ; 5500mhz ; GDDR5 ; 176 gb/s memory bandwith
CPU : 8 core amd next gen, jaguar based
GPU : 18 compute units , 1152 cores , peak shader troughout : 1.84 TeraFlops
Anti second hand market : No allways on drm, no disk locking
online fee : 0$

xbox one :

memory : 8gb ; 2133mhz ; DDR3 ; 103 gb/s memory bandwith
GPU : 12 compute units , 768 cores , peak shader troughout : 1.23 TeraFlops
anti second hand market : to much shit to mention
online fee : 60$

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I want GAMES, Microsoft. I don't want to connect my Verizon Fios to my Xbox One, I don't watch Game of Thrones, so what makes you think I would watch a live action Halo Series. I don't want my Kinect camera to be always on, listening to what is going on.

Don't make me abandon you, and be a one console owner for the next generation. I, along with millions of GAMERS (remember us?) Have supported you for 11 years now. Don't make me do this.

- - - Updated - - -

ps4 :

memory : 8gb ; 5500mhz ; GDDR5 ; 176 gb/s memory bandwith
GPU : 18 compute units , 1152 cores , peak shader troughout : 1.84 TeraFlops
Anti second hand market : No allways on drm, no disk locking
online fee : 0$

xbox one :

memory : 8gb ; 2133mhz ; DDR3 ; 103 gb/s memory bandwith
GPU : 12 compute units , 768 cores , peak shader troughout : 1.23 TeraFlops
anti second hand market : to much shit to mention
online fee : 60$

Add the fact that Sony will be using GAIKAI to stream previous PS1, PS2, and PS3 titles, and Playstation Plus (You know, something that is actually worth paying 60$ a year for. Hello, over $1000.00 worth of free games in a year), and Microsoft is really going to ahve to amaze me with games for me to stay on their train. And no Kinect bullshit either.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It was honestly the WORST gaming console presentation of all times...

But for tv-home entertainment wise, hooraaay....

This guy is hilarious and so on point:

Worst of all is this...

"But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison said.

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.

"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said."

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Getting a decent pc isnt that expensive, and it will last for a while.

When the ps4 and xbox1 come out, the price of the equivalent 680 gtx will be less then the console.

Not to mention, today, asus gtx titan, or asus 690 gtx are allready far ahead on consoles.
Just please stop with this console vs console and pc vs console crap, you are beating the beaten dead horse. Nobody cares or wants to hear it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)