General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (17 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
No, is that a DLC? I'm not too big on buying extra stuff for games.

Oh, I got them killed by my third try. I had help though, I summoned someone online. This game feels a lot like Dragon's Dogma. In fact. DD has the best combat system in a RPG Game. Its a bit like Shadow of the Colossus where you can climb on bosses and have this epic fight.
The place where you killed gargoyle, its a chapel. its on the roof. Go back to the ground floor. Now as you come down the stairs, you know there are 2 elevators, making a shortcut to firelink shrine. With those behind you, run forward outthe chapel. Continue the long path into a new building. Go all the way down (there is a bonfire halfway down). at the bottom floor, there is a blacksmith. He seels an items, i think its called chrest of artorias. Its used to open an area where you can farm very good, and you need to get there anyway for a certain boss.

How to get there ?

Well from the blacksmith, dont go up the stairs, but go trough the room. There is a miniboss there. Should be ez to kill if you understand its actions (u'll have to kill one of those in close quarters at the end of the game btw). Kill it. exit and ur in a forest.

Follow the path and kill those living trees that spawn. dont fall down the cliff. keep following it after the bend to the right, but stay on the main path. You'll end up at a big door, with a bonfire in a little ruin to the left.

The artorias chrest opens that door

Inside is an area with alot of stuff, but most important, 4 ghosts. They are VERY strong earlygame. Not in damage but sheitloads of hitpoints.

see where you enter this area, its a stair of bricks ? look to the right, see you can get next to the chair and cliff ?

Well, basically, run in, tag all the ghosts, run towards the cliff and put ur shield up. The AI will send the ghosts up the stair, they'll jump down and the block will push em off the cliff. if they dont fall of the cliff, give a kick or keep shield up and fend them off with the block.

When done, rest at bonfire, ghosts respawn and repeat.

- - - Updated - - -

I got like 800 hours in Dark Souls...the toughest game by far out there!
What build did you use ?

Buy on AliExpress.com

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
I was about to go kill that boss anyway so yeah, i'll look for the Artoria's Chest. I also got some tips from youtube videos of things i should get this early on the game to make it a little easier later on. And they're mostly in the forest.

You probably never played Dragon's Dogma, huh? It's not as hard as Dark Souls but can be challenging at first. As you level up things get easier and then there's a twist. I'll try not to spoil it so i'll just say this, when you think you beat the game you didn't. It turns to hard mode. I recommend it.

A little tease

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I was about to go kill that boss anyway so yeah, i'll look for the Artoria's Chest. I also got some tips from youtube videos of things i should get this early on the game to make it a little easier later on. And they're mostly in the forest.

You probably never played Dragon's Dogma, huh? It's not as hard as Dark Souls but can be challenging at first. As you level up things get easier and then there's a twist. I'll try not to spoil it so i'll just say this, when you think you beat the game you didn't. It turns to hard mode. I recommend it.

A little tease
is it online or offline ?

Oh... My... God.
The witcher, best looking game on pc, nuff said

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Just sad about the ending tbh.

Before that, it was just about the best trilogy i ever played. Especially the second game. Holy damn that was an epic awesome game.

- - - Updated - - -

I recall beating ME about 4 times in succession. Ending it with a soldier on highest difficulty. So awesome

"Had to be me, someone else might have gotten it wrong"

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
The ending didn't bother me as much as it probably should have in hindsight. I just hope they explain things a little better in ME4.
Gonna purchase one or two of the dlc packs to extend the game a bit more this time around. I've heard Leviathan and Citadel are the only ones worth downloading?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The ending didn't bother me as much as it probably should have in hindsight. I just hope they explain things a little better in ME4.
Gonna purchase one or two of the dlc packs to extend the game a bit more this time around. I've heard Leviathan and Citadel are the only ones worth downloading?
You MUST play leviathan.

Tells you about the history of the reapers. For me it filled in any gaps that were left.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
:tup: gonna do that tomorrow so, would you advise just ignoring Omega? A lot of reviews online stating it's a waste of time (especially at 15 euro)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Just sad about the ending tbh.

Before that, it was just about the best trilogy i ever played. Especially the second game. Holy damn that was an epic awesome game.

- - - Updated - - -

I recall beating ME about 4 times in succession. Ending it with a soldier on highest difficulty. So awesome

"Had to be me, someone else might have gotten it wrong"
the final mission in ME2 was one of the best things i have ever seen and played. from planning who to inflitrate, to planning who leads the squad and your shield protector, and actuallly trying to keep eveyrone alive was jsut amazing. end scene where shepard has to jump to get on the normandy and grabs the hand of comrade was epic.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
the final mission in ME2 was one of the best things i have ever seen and played. from planning who to inflitrate, to planning who leads the squad and your shield protector, and actuallly trying to keep eveyrone alive was jsut amazing. end scene where shepard has to jump to get on the normandy and grabs the hand of comrade was epic.
:agree:

Some awesome moments in that game, special mention to the space walk scene at the beginning of the game. That was the first time id ever been blown away by a video game.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Without a doubt. Ive played each one at least twice (playing paragon and renegade characters) and I never tire of them. Downloading the dlc for ME3 right now :)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

A little tease
I downloaded it through PS Plus, but haven't tried it yet.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Absolutely agree.

I wonder if i will ever play an action game that was THAT good, as ME2 was.

That game simply had everything, such...

...i need to stop thinking about it or imma screw my januari finals

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i personally loved uncharted 2 for it's memroable action scenes plus great dialogue.

edit:

though the trial defense bit in knights of the old republic, and the family feud investigation in the same game stand as why bioware was one of the greatest developers of all time. that game had so many epic moments but those 2 are my favorites, besides the scene near the end involving the blue alien girl and chewbacca look alike

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013

Oh... My... God.
:tuttosport: shaaitee... The Witcher 3 has the potential to be the best RPG ever made.

is it online or offline ?
Offline but if you're online you can have 2 companions (they call it pawns), and they're characters other people played with.

I downloaded it through PS Plus, but haven't tried it yet.
Give it a try. It has it's flaws, no fast travel (Axtually It does but you have to buy this artifact that costs a lot of money, well, not so much money after you're around the 40lvl.), and enemies respawn at the same places so you'll be fighting them all over again. But like i said, the combat system is the best there is, think Shadow of the Colossus and action games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)