General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (57 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Control was a free PSN game last month. I completely forgot about its existence so I was happy to see it, because it always interested me. The PS4 sounds like an airplane approaching the runway for takeoff while playing sometimes, and the framerate drops suck at times, but man do I love this game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Control was a free PSN game last month. I completely forgot about its existence so I was happy to see it, because it always interested me. The PS4 sounds like an airplane approaching the runway for takeoff while playing sometimes, and the framerate drops suck at times, but man do I love this game.
It's from Remedy isn't it?

Max Payne 1 and 2 were some of my favorite games on PS2. Still great.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
Looks good. Specs?
CPU_ 5950x

Motherboard: X570 Tomahawk Wifi

RAM: G.Skill TridentZ Neo DDR4 32GB (2 x 16) 3600 CL 16

CPU FAN: Noctua NH-D15S Chromax.black

GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3080 OC RTX

PSU: Asus ROG Strix 850W PSU White edition

CASE: Phanteks Eclipse P600s

NVME: Gigabyte AORUS 1TB PCIe 4.0 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB

SSD (SATA) : 870 EVO 4 TB

CASE FANS: Lian Li UNI FAN SL120

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
CPU_ 5950x

Motherboard: X570 Tomahawk Wifi

RAM: G.Skill TridentZ Neo DDR4 32GB (2 x 16) 3600 CL 16

CPU FAN: Noctua NH-D15S Chromax.black

GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3080 OC RTX

PSU: Asus ROG Strix 850W PSU White edition

CASE: Phanteks Eclipse P600s

NVME: Gigabyte AORUS 1TB PCIe 4.0 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB

SSD (SATA) : 870 EVO 4 TB

CASE FANS: Lian Li UNI FAN SL120
That's insane.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
yeah it wasnt cheap, but I dont have a girlfriend anymore and just work my ass off every week saving money to buy an appartment, so i need some sort of pleasure when i have time off.

Its running smooth as butter so far and handling heavy load titles on 1440p or 4K with relatively decent temperatures (max temp i have seen is 69-75).

The fans make a lot of noise in games like Cyberpunk with Ray Tracing turned on, but im fine with it since my headset blocks out the noise. I might go for a custom watercooling loop in the future but for now im happy.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
yeah it wasnt cheap, but I dont have a girlfriend anymore and just work my ass off every week saving money to buy an appartment, so i need some sort of pleasure when i have time off.

Its running smooth as butter so far and handling heavy load titles on 1440p or 4K with relatively decent temperatures (max temp i have seen is 69-75).

The fans make a lot of noise in games like Cyberpunk with Ray Tracing turned on, but im fine with it since my headset blocks out the noise. I might go for a custom watercooling loop in the future but for now im happy.
Don't mind spending if it makes you happy. Fuck it. How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking. We have kinda expensive prices here. Even more now with everyone mining. Can't even find GPUs available lol.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
Don't mind spending if it makes you happy. Fuck it. How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking. We have kinda expensive prices here. Even more now with everyone mining. Can't even find GPUs available lol.
I cant even remember exact price to be honest because i bought everyting in such a spread out timeframe (due to same troubles with stock here also i had to by the CPU from Germany and GPU from Netherlands trough Ebay)

I started buying the CPU in November and picked up more and more parts. i was finally finished in February.

Total cost estimated around : 3700€ euros (including shipping). cant be bothered to find all receipts now but thats my estimate, might be closer towards 3500€

Last edited:

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
@IliveForJuve Still playing warzone? I'm fucking tired of cheaters..
I've only played once in the last 10 days cause I'm traveling but I heard cheaters are ending games now lol.

Play with me once I arrive in the UK? :sheik:

- - - Updated - - -

I played it for 10 minutes and thought it was ass.

Jan 22, 2016
Sold my PS4 and brought Nintendo switch. First game I finished was Astral chain. What a wonderful gift from platinum games to gamers. If you have enjoyed Nier you should absolutely try out Astral chain.

Im playing Zelda breath of wild. Loving it. But I think it's a bit overrated. Great game but surly not on Witcher 3 or bloodborn lvl for me.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Sold my PS4 and brought Nintendo switch. First game I finished was Astral chain. What a wonderful gift from platinum games to gamers. If you have enjoyed Nier you should absolutely try out Astral chain.

Im playing Zelda breath of wild. Loving it. But I think it's a bit overrated. Great game but surly not on Witcher 3 or bloodborn lvl for me.
1000%. I really don't understand the level of hype around it.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
According to some Twitter sources there will be the biggest stock for PS5 since release at Amazon today. There’s your chance for those who are looking to get one. Hoping to get mine.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

I don't know how you compare Witcher and Bloodborne.

Bloodborne, Dark Souls 1,2 and 3 should go in the same basket. Sekiro as well. Hard to play rewarding games with unique story telling.

Witcher has great story, beautiful graphics but shitty combat compared to those above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)