General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (28 Viewers)

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Is there a good ps3/xbox 360 emulator out ?

My current pc should be able to run that quite well, and there are a ton of exclusives i'd like to play
Don't think so . Even if good were were created they would need a pretty good rig . The PSX2 emulators need much better tec in confront of what is in the ps2 . As for the ps3 i think there will never be a good emulator seeing that the cell technology is a complicated mess .

There are existing ones available , but i can't guarantee the quality

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Don't think so . Even if good were were created they would need a pretty good rig . The PSX2 emulators need much better tec in confront of what is in the ps2 . As for the ps3 i think there will never be a good emulator seeing that the cell technology is a complicated mess .

There are existing ones available , but i can't guarantee the quality
16gb ram
intel i7 4770k (watercooled so can be overclocked if neccecary)
2x geforce 770 gtx
SSD drive

Thats gonna have to be quite something to tax this bad boy

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
16gb ram
intel i7 4770k (watercooled so can be overclocked if neccecary)
2x geforce 770 gtx
SSD drive

Thats gonna have to be quite something to tax this bad boy
ok that's a freaking impressive rig :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Btw this is the emulator http://rpcs3.net/ , i think this is the only working one .

It is still in development and ways of to be completed , as i said cell tech is a pain in the ass , maybe in 2-3 years it will be at a very decent state .

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Yeah, i'm wondering why they arent going for the xbox360 instead. Sure, the graphics were a bit less, but that cell tech is such impossible infrastructure
Yep , xbox360 should be easier to emulate . To say it really i think we will see perfect working ps4/xone emulators before we see a decent ps3 one . Current consoles tech is identical to what is found in a pc so it won't be hard to emulate them .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)