General Food & Cooking Thread. (6 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Oscar winning actress who was in 97 movies throughout seven decades
vs
Made a certain movie with a melanin enriched gentleman
also one of the most successful tv shows of all time “keeping up with the kardashians” lest you forget

- - - Updated - - -

If by that you mean she has the bigger mustache, then yeah.
if you mustache, you can’t afford it

Jun 16, 2020
How do you guys do your tomato sauce for the spaghetti? Any secret ingredients or hints?
Frying onions is a must. Besides that it depends with what you serve it, most Italians use passata as tomato sauce, add some salt and pepper, maybe basiloco or garlic. Adding small pieces of carrots is an option aswel, although personally I never do this. Then leave it on low fire for ~20 minutes.

Italian cooking techniques are quite easy tbh. My dad used to say that garlic belongs with fish and onions with meat, but I think it really differences per family or region. Most regions in Italy have their own traditional ways.

Last edited:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Which oil do you guys use for the garlic?
I just crush some garlic and make sure it's removed once done.

- - - Updated - - -

Frying onions is a must. Besides that it depends with what you serve it, most Italians use passata as tomato sauce, add some salt and pepper, maybe basiloco or garlic. Adding small pieces of carrots is an option aswel, although personally I never do this. Then leave it on low fire for ~20 minutes.

Italian cooking techniques are quite easy tbh. My dad used to say that garlic belongs with fish and onions with meat, but I think it really differences per family or region. Most regions in Italy have their own traditional ways.
I've only used carrots for ragus, not a basic tomato sauce. Although that would add a little sweetness to the sauce. Will try that next time.

Mirepoix is like the best thing ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)