Gastón Ramírez-AM/LW-Bologna (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
I actually hope this isn't a smokescreen. This will be one of the first signings that actually keep to Marotta's original promise - finding young talented players and allowing them to grow here in to hopefully world class talents.. on low wages :klin:

Vargas or Ramirez? Vargas is stronger and way more experienced, Ramirez is slightly more technical and quicker. I would probably prefer Ramirez because we need the pace but he's way more of a risk than Vargas.
Listen i think it'll all come down to who can also provide cover for the left flank...taking a look at the right for a minute this preseason you'll notice krasic has been asked to attack but also defend in many situations...if ramirez can defend that would wonderful, but vargas is a more versatile player.

I would however prefer Ramirez for the fact that he'll grow and help Pasquato grow alongside him with sustainable competition alla barca (if you can even compare).

Buy on AliExpress.com

samy eljuve

Nov 16, 2005
i like the look of this kid tbh....him and pasquato fighting it out for a starting berth wud help them both rather than vargas who wud be expected to start...plus we cud be more tactically flexible as hes not a pure winger

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If he's good enough for Bianconero_Aus he's good enough for me.

But please be aware that I'll blame you entirely if he is a big flop.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Basically players like Dzeko, Agüero, Neymar and Hazard are in a similar boat. The talented ones playing for less prestigious clubs for less money than they could earn here. We could sign them in theory with the money we have, they would probably join us if we faced no competition, but there will probably always be competition for them now with the hoarding clubs around. We'd be in a strong position with CL football I think.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
get the best you can till August 31, then in January try to add one or two players where we lack competition or enough strength, finish third and next summer go for Hazard, simple as that.
Once we`re back in CL and can offer top football for the players, we`re automatically again on the same level as other top clubs in Europe, now we`re just not!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Scarey thing is though finishing 3rd doesn't gurantee CL as we will have to go through the qualifying round and we could get drew against a top team.

Udinese ended up getting Arsenal and I wouldn't fancy our chances against them if it was us in their position.

Does anyone know if 2nd place in Serie A still gurantee automatic qualification this year?

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
yep. just like german bundesliga last season -> leverkusen finished second and they don´t have to play any qualifications round(s)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Scarey thing is though finishing 3rd doesn't gurantee CL as we will have to go through the qualifying round and we could get drew against a top team.

Udinese ended up getting Arsenal and I wouldn't fancy our chances against them if it was us in their position.

Does anyone know if 2nd place in Serie A still gurantee automatic qualification this year?
thats because udinese got 4th

if you got 3 cl spots, and ur third, u are "protected" in the draw i tought

so we'd get a smaller team

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
thats because udinese got 4th

if you got 3 cl spots, and ur third, u are "protected" in the draw i tought

so we'd get a smaller team
No. It has all to do with seeding depending on your coefficient. Look here: http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedcl2011.html

Had we finished 4th this season, then we wouldn't have been seeded, and would have met one of these teams in 4th round of qualification: Bayern, Arsenal, Lyon, Benfica or Villarreal.

In terms of third this year it's the exact same.

Juventus are currently the 43rd best placed team in Europe next year we will be even lower. Not promising for our CL-seed.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
:shocked:

Tough cookies, all of those teams are in a considerably better shape than us, Benfica being the weakest. Let's just get that spot first, take it from there.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)