Gary Nevile's Juventus comments in his autobiography (2 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
:tup:

IMO the present day equivalent of that dominant Juve team is Man United (whether ppl here care to admit it)
I guess you're right, Juve only dominated in their domestic league and although they did good in CL, they usually lost in the later stages :p

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
:tup:

IMO the present day equivalent of that dominant Juve team is Man United (whether ppl here care to admit it)
Well, being like Juve was the Man Utd project since the early 90s, and I can say they achieved it 5 years ago and it's still going, but that kinda football is gone thanks to Barca's ladies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
But Barcelona don't make you fear playing against them.
Huh? If it wasn't for Barcelona I'd agree with the assessment that it is Man Utd, but Barcelona are a level above.

The thing with Barcelona is that they have their 'Holy Trident' and a lot of good other players but they aren't as good across the positions as Juve were. Their philosophy and style makes up for it, though.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Damn, I think I've never read something as truthful and real as this from someone who's not related to Juventus in any way before.

Forza him and Forza us!

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
I dislike United, Real and Bayern, but I respect them the most of all the other teams, because they remind me of the late 90s football, best days ever

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
After they beat us in '99 we lost that aura that we had and we've never been the same really except for the run in 2002/03.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)