Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (2 Viewers)

OP
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #8,462
    The only people who gave a flying fuck that Jon was punished went back overseas. The rulers of EVERYTHING are all Jon's family and could give a chit about "tradition" and "oaths" and would not blink twice about saying the Night's Watch is stupid and outdated and would happily disband it immediately after the unsullied left.
    How did they just let him off like that? As if the Dothraki would care about the orders of King Bran

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    The only people who gave a flying fuck that Jon was punished went back overseas. The rulers of EVERYTHING are all Jon's family and could give a chit about "tradition" and "oaths" and would not blink twice about saying the Night's Watch is stupid and outdated and would happily disband it immediately after the unsullied left.
    Yea i don't know what the point of even negotiating with them was. The Starks hold all the cards, Unsullied and Dothraki may be capable warriors in certain circumstances but have no leader are foreigners in a land they know nothing about with no real way to survive or reinforce and none of them know anything about ships or how to get back and the one city theyve conquered has been burned to a crisp.

They were completely at the mercy of the Starks imo. You wouldnt even have to fight them just leave and wait for them to starve to death / kill each other. wtf are they gonna do teach themselves to farm in an enviroment completely foreign to their own?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    I’m not even a big fan of Jon but I was so pissed with how his character arc ended.
    I liked it. He did have his big (although tragic) moment and he ended up in a position appropriate for his courage and desire to protect the realm. He was too noble too honest to be a King in Westeros.

I think the only issue was that he didn't get to kill the Night King which felt like his quest.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
    I was glad. Him sitting on the throne would have been too easy and he got reunited with Ghost. He knew he had to make that sacrifice

Plotwise I don't have any issue with it
    I liked it. He did have his big (although tragic) moment and he ended up in a position appropriate for his courage and desire to protect the realm. He was too noble too honest to be a King in Westeros.

I think the only issue was that he didn't get to kill the Night King which felt like his quest.
    I didn’t mind the big moment, it was what followed that made me angry, although the very end slightly made up for it.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    I didn’t mind the big moment, it was what followed that made me angry, although the very end slightly made up for it.
    I think it suited him. A massive self sacrifice as he had signed up for when he initially joined the watch.

In the final scene though i did think wow poor fucker eventually could have lived happily ever after, unbothered, with his hot wildling wench if only fucking Ollie hadn't killed her.

Apr 15, 2006
    1. I can't believe that Jon's true identity was not even discussed during this episode. I though it would have some ramifications, but this?
    2. Drogon just burns the throne and flies away with Dany's corpse? WTF!
    3. Varys spreading the word about Jon had NO consequence whatsoever! WTF even wa the point of that then?
    4. Bran is just wasted once again. His knowledge is useless and he turned out to be no better than Cersei by doing fuck all during the fights and arriving at the end to become king. "Bran the broken"? What a fuckin' name for a KING!
    5. The council is still taking place within the Red Keep? How TF are people still able to get in there? Wasn't it significantly damaged in the previous episode? There is no fuckin' city there anymore but a huge graveyard. How the fuck are everyone going about business as usual?
    6. Seriously Sam, you're really suggesting democracy? Fuck off!
    7. How could you fuck up Jon's arc so badly? All that growth, just to eventually go back to Castle Black? What guard against who? Oh right, the wildlings you're taking beyond the wall? And what happens then? Do you become King Beyond the Wall? WTF!
    8. Why TF is Brienne writing Jamie's history, one anyone else's for that matter when we literally have an all-knowing cripple?

Fuck this shit! I'm glad that our watch has ended cos show was losing altitude with every passing episode this season. All these years of investment and we're left with this fuckin' bullshit!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)