Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (12 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
So she's going to sit on the iron throne in a pile of rubble and ash?

Dumbest episode I've seen yet. This is giving me Lost and Dexter-levels of series finale disappointment.
It's been obvious throughout the series that she will burn Kings Landing imo. Westerosi have no love for Targaryans, all she has is fear and she wants to do a clean break and build for the future.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Did some research (5 minutes on google) about Tyrion and why he is so dumb right now. Apparently book Tyrion, other than show Tyrion actually is not a benevolent character to say the least, in addition to being mentally ill and not just >le melancholic likable drunk. So book Tyrion is a vile person, almost a villain himself who supports Dany for different reason the Varys would from the get go (revenge on Lannisters). Denunciating Varys makes perfect sense for book Tyrion and it maybe was a cornerstone that D&D had to adhere to but was too late to shoehorn Tyrion into evil so they made him stupid. I fully expect GRRM to write Tyrion to be approving of the KL burning while in the show they'll probably fade him out. Also Tyrion, according to the book, is really ugly, missing half his face due to scars, looking orc-ish as opposed to Peter Dinklage's charismatic look. A circumstance that contributes to book Tyrion's character. Conclusion: After altering Tyrion's character to farm good boi point on plebbit they began to sideline him in order to come square with what GRRM planned for Tyrion in the end

BAZINGA

Ep5 still was the best episode of season 8 by far, Ep4 being the worst

Last edited:

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Did some research (5 minutes on google) about Tyrion and why he is so dumb right now. Apparently book Tyrion, other than show Tyrion actually is not a benevolent character to say the least, in addition to being mentally ill and not just >le melancholic likable drunk. So book Tyrion is a vile person, almost a villain himself who supports Dany for different reason the Varys would from the get go (revenge on Lannisters). Denunciating Varys makes perfect sense for book Tyrion and it maybe was a cornerstone that D&D had to adhere to but was too late to shoehorn Tyrion into evil so they made him stupid. I fully expect GRRM to write Tyrion to be approving of the KL burning while in the show they'll probably fade him out. Also Tyrion, according to the book, is really ugly, missing half his face due to scars, looking orc-ish as opposed to Peter Dinklage's charismatic look. A circumstance that contributes to book Tyrion's character. Conclusion: After altering Tyrion's character to farm good boi point on plebbit they began to sideline him in order to come square with what GRRM planned for Tyrion in the end

BAZINGA

Ep5 still was the best episode of season 8 by far, Ep4 being the worst
No worries. Chances that GRRM will ever finish the saga are pretty slim :p.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
How is this fanservice? THIS IS NOT FANSERVICE LOL. This was just wtf.
Clegane Bowl was widely considered 'fan service' but to me it was just a legitimate payoff to a side character arc. It has been established very early on that Sandor hates his brother and wants to take revenge for what Gregor did to him. So while everybody has been hyping Clegane Bowl for years, to me it would've been way more cringey if there was no payoff for that arc.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Agreed. Clegane Bowl is not fan service, its litterally the very existence of these two brothers, to kill eachother. It would be pointless to finish the story without two key side characters to finish the mortal feud they had since season 1. Or their entire lives.

May 26, 2016
Just Terrible writing. I understand that this was already predicted by Brans Prophecy , but the way it played out was just really unsatisfying and cheap.

I guess They just ran out of time and realized they couldn't do the series justice.

it's just so annyoing since the character development from season 1-6 is one of the best ever imho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)