Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (14 Viewers)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
The trigger according to the writers was seeing the red keep, which reminded her of what should've been hers, and instead she ended up having a terrible childhood. That also happened after she found out none of her Westerosi confidants are particularly faithful.

- - - Updated - - -

Jon is a soldier. His character should not be very smart anyway.
Yep that's defo D&D writing lol

- - - Updated - - -

But nothing tops "forgot about iron fleet"

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
S1: burns mirri maz duur
S2: burns house of the undying
S3: burns astapor
S4: crucifies masters of mereen
S5: burns noblemen of mereen
S6: burns vaes dothrak
S7: burns wagon train plus war prisoners
S8: burns kings landing

whooa this transformation was too sudden!!!

GRRM hid it in plain sight
How did you find Cersei's death? It was lame huh?

After 8 seasons going this way was quite anticlimactic

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2014
The trigger according to the writers was seeing the red keep, which reminded her of what should've been hers, and instead she ended up having a terrible childhood. That also happened after she found out none of her Westerosi confidants are particularly faithful.

- - - Updated - - -

Jon is a soldier. His character should not be very smart anyway.
Thats what I wrote earlier you have to watch their commentary to see their stupid reasoning. You won't think that she was triggered by the red keep at all if you just watch the episode.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Another great ep

Loved the unbridled rampage from Dany. It's what she's always been

When Jon rejected her, her face said it all. I've seen that face made by a few women in my day. It doesn't bode well for anyone.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
The ending is what GRRM told them to be, I think. I actually don't mind that reasoning at all. A power hungry person with hand on a trigger hit with emotion.
It's not ending per se but details. Details and lack of details are horrid. Just poor storytelling.

I feel sorry about the directors. They did a great job in this episode.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
It's not the burning that's the problem, everyone and their mother has to be Machiavellian, if you don't surrender you get butchered and enslaved BUT everything in the episode seemed forced and cheesy
She wasn't Machiavellian though. She went totally mad AFTER they surrendered. There was no justification from power standpoint for what she did. A glaring character weakness that was shown time and time again, and was restrained by people around her suddenly got out of control.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
She wasn't Machiavellian though. She went totally mad AFTER they surrendered. There was no justification from power standpoint for what she did. A glaring character weakness that was shown time and time again, and was restrained by people around her suddenly got out of control.
I disagree, they tried to down her dragon, you can't surrender half way through a battle in a siege. I really can't stand her btw but very very rarely a city is not completely destroyed and enslaved after it falls. And the Machiavellian aspect was to set the example and be feared.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)