Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (12 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Come on man :D this season doesnt come close to the first couple, it was better than the last season but the last season was the worst. They are just giving the fans what they want now, rushed, lazy writing and a lot of plot armour for key people.
I was serious.

It was always like that, ever since the beginning. Unpredictable story with a lot more sex.

True..
I read they did have some problem with the budget. Can't imagine the spinoff can top the actual series.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
Problems with the budget? Really? I don't remember any tv show going this global and having so many fans. I can't believe it would have a negative impact on the budget, that sounds crazy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
Problems with the budget? Really? I don't remember any tv show going this global and having so many fans. I can't believe it would have a negative impact on the budget, that sounds crazy.
Just a quick google:
https://www.google.co.id/amp/www.in...e-budget-forced-them-to-cut-a7143041.html?amp

And some also said it was 2.5 mils/episode, now it around 4 mils, that quite a mark up.
It's quite logical imo, after such a success, the actor must want a payrise, scouting and other resource poured for new settings, etc.

It still a great show, but i must agree, that this is not the same show like it was at season 1.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
The wall might be protected with magic but white walkers are the magic. It's a magic dragon, of course I wasn't disappointed seeing how he tore the wall.

I literally enjoyed every second of it. People are asking way too much at this point. One group of the people will always ask for more action and without many wars and killings it's instantly a weak episode which is BS IMO. Second group of the people always more unpredictable. Well, sure, but it's 7th season and there's literally trillions of theories at this point what will happen. Even John Snow being Azor Ahai etc.

It was an intense episode. I enjoyed the meeting (Cersei being a bitch even if it's predictable, her brother leaving, eye to eye Hound with his bro), the Littlefinger verdict & break of the wall. Minor scenes were also quite good. There was nothing boring in it.

Overall the best season so far and a great setup for the last season which will be packed in action. I can already see the huge budget going for all those wars.

I can't believe this is the part when we have to wait for so long. And I can't believe it's actually the last season.
The best season so far? Maybe you need to rewatch the first 3 seasons :p

venus_isle

Sep 23, 2010
ppl dont get it, they expect more surprises but hey, wake up! we only have a couple episodes left. its all about what matters now:
unite everyone in westeros and kill the white walker

you think anyone can do any better than the show had given us so far?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
ppl dont get it, they expect more surprises but hey, wake up! we only have a couple episodes left. its all about what matters now:
unite everyone in westeros and kill the white walker

you think anyone can do any better than the show had given us so far?
There were still a couple of surprises in this finale, even if they weren't very well disguised.

OP
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #7,717
    Well we actually might not see it since he may never finish the books :shifty:.
    Exactly. And if he was to write the books now, would he follow the TV show's storyline? :shifty:

I doubt. And he's probably making much more money from the TV show than the books anyway, so why bother to finish the books? (other than to appease the fans)

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
    Sort of agree, especially on the lower end.

5 and 6 were complete disasters but 7 was very entertaining to watch, despite the similar flaws that 5 and 6 had
    Season 6 was saved by the last two episodes and the hodor one, but all around it was a decent season except the blackfish catastrophe and Arya's plotline. Quality wise it was still better than 7, with all the plotholes and the filler small talk. Season 7 had some cool CGI scenes tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)