Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (14 Viewers)

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Stop reading false accounts for Apocalypto mixing Mayan with Aztec culture - postclassical Mayan culture did encounter the Spanish dudes and that's the period the movie is depicting. Learn some fucking history before you embarrass yourself next time.

Here, take a fucking clue:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/58493/15-facts-about-apocalypto

Pay particular attention to 3, 4, 6, 10, 15, in particular.

Show me anything from LOTR that closely comes to the above - based on a thru and thru children's fairy tale (I was reading that Bilbo Baggins shit when I was 9, literally); the message is that of children's books - don't be naughty or the boogeyman will get, be nice and you will get a f*cking candy; and the execution is childish too - that clip Salvo posted basically covers the naive nature of the entire franchise.
Which brings me to its target audience - slow-minded adults or kids 12 and younger.
Mel Gibson is a legend.
Apocalypto is a great movie
Please, Abel. Normally you would roast someone going all intellectual, when in fact, he's hiding an action blockbuster in a movie like this. I'm not saying all of his movies are shit, but I'm calling him shit (as an director). Sorry, but 'Apocalypto' is presentend as an factual film, when in fact, it's mostly bollocks.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Please, Abel. Normally you would roast someone going all intellectual, when in fact, he's hiding an action blockbuster in a movie like this. I'm not saying all of his movies are shit, but I'm calling him shit (as an director). Sorry, but 'Apocalypto' is presentend as an factual film, when in fact, it's mostly bollocks.
I am a big fan of the naked prey, this is an homage to it plus i think mel gibson did a fantastic job directing it. I didnt see it as a historical piece.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
It's not presented as a factual film. It's clearly a fictional film, and like most fictional films based on true events its main purpose is to entertain. The purpose of the historical accuracy is to immerse you in the world, and while inaccuracies can break the illusion, I feel like judging a fictional film for its historical accuracy is generally a lost cause.

Anyone who seen the movie the Patriot knows Mel Gibson is full of shit period when it comes to historical authenticity. Zero credibility.
You need to distinguish between Mel Gibson the director and the actor. The Patriot is a Roland Emmerich film.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I havent watched that, I wouldnt scrutinize too hard on that anyways, its basically a mystical tale at its core. Tho read its fairly anti-jew kinda affair.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I havent watched that, I wouldnt scrutinize too hard on that anyways, its basically a mystical tale at its core. Tho read its fairly anti-jew kinda affair.
I was just kidding. It's not a bad movie at all tho.

But yeah, I personally like all movies Mel Gibson has directed. It kinda sucks that he got shunned since he went on a drunk rant about Jews

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
It's not presented as a factual film. It's clearly a fictional film, and like most fictional films based on true events its main purpose is to entertain. The purpose of the historical accuracy is to immerse you in the world, and while inaccuracies can break the illusion, I feel like judging a fictional film for its historical accuracy is generally a lost cause.

You need to distinguish between Mel Gibson the director and the actor. The Patriot is a Roland Emmerich film.
That's not true. It's presentend as some intellectual noir film, when it's just a case of a Hollywood blockbuster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)