Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (52 Viewers)

Aug 26, 2014
Unless the show deviates seriously in that point from the book, no they're not, Martin even said so somewhere.

Also, Jon already got burned as Gerd posted.
Well the show has already deviated from the books not much but the ending of the show has to be different from the books because the last two books haven't been published yet and the fans would lose interest in the books after knowing the ending so the writers of the show will go in another direction IMO. Or George R.R. Martin speeds up the process and publishes two of his books in a record time.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Well the show has already deviated from the books not much but the ending of the show has to be different from the books because the last two books haven't been published yet and the fans would lose interest in the books after knowing the ending so the writers of the show will go in another direction IMO. Or George R.R. Martin speeds up the process and publishes two of his books in a record time.
I bet Martin gets 100x more money from the show than he ever will from the books so he wouldn't care that much about books not selling too well.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Dany hasn't been burnt thats why i said with real dragon blood.

Its not given that Jon has Targaryan blood it's just a theory. The warg theory is more plausible IMO but this one might be true as well.
You should start considering that as canon , seriously when you accept that everything starts to make sense . Jon is a targ , it just doesn't mean that being one makes you immune to fire , but he also has warg powers thanks to his stark blood . IIRC in the books he has dreams about being in ghost so does robb . Martin has said that all the stark children are wargs .

Jon has got both fire and ice , he is the hero of the song of ice and fire and anybody who doesn't accept this is not seeing some of the most obvious clues in the story

- - - Updated - - -

No way , the only reason why they deviate from the story it's because it's better for the restrictions of TV , or because they think the story would be better that way (in the second case they have failed pretty badly) . No reason why they should care about martin imho . If martins solution is the best and they don't think they can come up with anything better (which I doubt they can seeing the results of season 5) they won't do it . Martin resigned in closing his story when he signed the series deal which is a shame , but he has only himself to blame for that .

Aug 26, 2014
You should start considering that as canon , seriously when you accept that everything starts to make sense . Jon is a targ , it just doesn't mean that being one makes you immune to fire , but he also has warg powers thanks to his stark blood . IIRC in the books he has dreams about being in ghost so does robb . Martin has said that all the stark children are wargs .

Jon has got both fire and ice , he is the hero of the song of ice and fire and anybody who doesn't accept this is not seeing some of the most obvious clues in the story

- - - Updated - - -

No way , the only reason why they deviate from the story it's because it's better for the restrictions of TV , or because they think the story would be better that way (in the second case they have failed pretty badly) . No reason why they should care about martin imho . If martins solution is the best and they don't think they can come up with anything better (which I doubt they can seeing the results of season 5) they won't do it . Martin resigned in closing his story when he signed the series deal which is a shame , but he has only himself to blame for that .

There are few story lines that make sense we'll have to wait and see. As for Martin he will make so much more money from the books at this point because of how popular this franchise is. Now he said his book will be ready before the next season.

http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/artic...-r-r-martin-asks-fans-stop-emailing-him-30471

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
There are few story lines that make sense we'll have to wait and see. As for Martin he will make so much more money from the books at this point because of how popular this franchise is. Now he said his book will be ready before the next season.

http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/artic...-r-r-martin-asks-fans-stop-emailing-him-30471
Martin has been an extremely slow writer after the first 3 books . He may be able to release the sisxth book before next season , but there is no way he will release the 7th one the year after . There have also been talks about the possibility of the series having an eigth book . The only possibility of this happening is if he has been trolling everybody from the start and has already written the whole thing , highly unlikely .

It's not some storylines that make sense in the theory ,everything makes sense :D

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
What age is he btw? Aren't people worried he might die before finishing the books.

He is rather rotund afterall
The word you are looking for is fat :D and yes there is a lot of concern . With the current dreadful pace many are skeptical that the 6th book will come next year . Assuming an optimistic 2016 realease of the 6th book and the 7th 4 years after (being optimistical seeing his current writing pace )he should be 70 years old . If eventually there is an eigth book , it should come out when he is like 75 years old .

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
What age is he btw? Aren't people worried he might die before finishing the books.

No worries.

George RR Martin, in an interview, said that he has told the ending and major plot points to Benoiff and Weiss "in case he gets hit by a truck."

From the interview:
Do you know the ending?
I know the ending in broad strokes. I don’t know every little twist and turn that will get me there, and I don’t know the ending of every secondary character. But the ending and the main characters, yeah. And [Game of Thrones producers] David Benioff and Dan Weiss know some of that too, which the fans are very worried about in case I get hit by a truck.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

It's very common thing in fantasy / historical fiction genre books, writers who write long series (GOT is fairly short) who suddenly die before finishing it. Mostly assistants or Author friends, but lolsy enough some of them it's been their wives who finish the last book. With how poor I find Martins writing, hopefully his wife would improve on it :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)