Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (5 Viewers)

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Oh yes I did, it's mediocre.

The show is way better.
Some parts of the books might be boring but it's laughable to think the show is better. :p

Asha
Another thing that doesn't happen in books is that Asha goes to save theon . Never actually happened in book
Yes, it was different it the book, but still there was some interaction. After Theon took Winterfell he requested to send reinforcements from Asha - she comes to visit him but refuses to stay.
possible Stannis spoiler
Long time after this, when Stannis' march on Winterfell occurs, he captures Asha near Deepwood Motte, she is taken captive. A couple of days later Stannis' army slows down because of a snow storm and they meet a couple of people. One of them is Theon who managed to escape from Winterfell.

Beyond the wall
Beyond the wall there is a guy called Coldhands who rides a Giant Elk . He aides sam and gilly in a part of their journey and guides bran's company to the three-eyed-crow . He is some kind of zombie or white walker , not explained and he refuses to show his face .
Coldhand's id?
He must be Benjen Stark, who else? :D

- - - Updated - - -

Buy on AliExpress.com

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Some parts of the books might be boring but it's laughable to think the show is better. :p

Yes, it was different it the book, but still there was some interaction. After Theon took Winterfell he requested to send reinforcements from Asha - she comes to visit him but refuses to stay.
possible Stannis spoiler
Long time after this, when Stannis' march on Winterfell occurs, he captures Asha near Deepwood Motte, she is taken captive. A couple of days later Stannis' army slows down because of a snow storm and they meet a couple of people. One of them is Theon who managed to escape from Winterfell.

Coldhand's id?

- - - Updated - - -

Not Benjen bro, wait and see Brandons power, also Rickon is left out this season aswell since GGM has no idea what to do with him and Scruffydogg :D Tho in the books Manderly is looking for him, The starks still have allies

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Coldhand's id?

- - - Updated - - -
That's the popular theory , but I still think there is not much evidence to support that . Still seeing as he is not present in show , he is probably not that important in the grand scheme of things

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Man I've been waiting to see the Sparrow fucking over Cersei since they introduced that plotline :heart:

I can't help thinking that Littlefinger is behind the Cersei setup. It is not clear whether he bought(unlikely) or simply conviced Lancel/Septon. Since they are neutral religious fanatics without a favoured political party I guess they go after all crimes, disregarding who committed them: Loras, Margaery or the person who brought them to power. So a little hint in that direction from Littlefinger might have been enough to trigger Cersei's arrest
Yeah, he's got that shit locked down, as with everything.

Did anyone think that scene at Castle Black was kinda dumb? I mean those two guys assaulted another Night's Watch in the middle of the fucking caslte, shouldn't they be executed immidiately? Slynt got chopped his head off for two asshole comments ffs, and it's not like Alliser doesn't give a shit about the rules, he's consistently been portrayed as an asshole, but honourable. Unless they plan on coming back to this point in future episodes, that was weak as hell. Did that happen in the books?

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Did anyone think that scene at Castle Black was kinda dumb? I mean those two guys assaulted another Night's Watch in the middle of the $#@!ing caslte, shouldn't they be executed immidiately? Slynt got chopped his head off for two asshole comments ffs, and it's not like Alliser doesn't give a $#@! about the rules, he's consistently been portrayed as an asshole, but honourable. Unless they plan on coming back to this point in future episodes, that was weak as hell. Did that happen in the books?
I imagine that Jon Snow's takeover + cooperation with wildlings pushed Alliser over the edge. Noticed what he told Sam after Aemon's funeral? "you're running out of friends". I am expecting that that scene and the raep scene on Gilly are setting up a civil war at castle black

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not a civil war, just Sam Tarly leaving Black castle rock with Gilly me thinks, nothing more. He has outgrown the place and will prolly go somewhere else where he can bury his head in books.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I imagine that Jon Snow's takeover + cooperation with wildlings pushed Alliser over the edge. Noticed what he told Sam after Aemon's funeral? "you're running out of friends". I am expecting that that scene and the raep scene on Gilly are setting up a civil war at castle black
That still doesn't make any sensem, it's just way too different from anything the Night's Watch has been portrayed as.

And no way there's gonna be a civil war, though I can definitely see Sam leaving as Os said.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That still doesn't make any sensem, it's just way too different from anything the Night's Watch has been portrayed as.

And no way there's gonna be a civil war, though I can definitely see Sam leaving as Os said.
Gilly asked him few episodes ago about books, where they are etc. One of the places he said is the citadel, also best pals with aemon and his defacto book keeper, and Stannis told him to keep up his studies with the unknown etc. Basically it makes sense that he goes to the Citadel or some similar place for higher learning. He is utterly useless in castle black, more so now that he cant have scenes with Aemon anymore, Snow scenes with him is like they kinda outgrown eachother in his new role as lord commander, best pals is not much of a plot point when he isnt doing anything and is disliked in castle black.

Also you are right, zero reason there will be a civil war, nor that Allister would do anything against Sam(or order shit). Civil war would have happend after the election since it was so divided, but these are loyal bunch by word, and Jon is evidently a great leader who stamped his authority despite the quite unpopular reforms and alternative thinking.

Allister said that to Sam to make it clear us the viewer how hopeless and useless his sitaution is becoming in that place, Jon is the leader and has little time for him compared to before, and Aemon the respected maester who had his back is gone. Basically what Allister said to him screams gtfo Sam :pp

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

Remember Lord Mormont. Night's Watch has been portrayed as a bunch of criminals except a few exceptions and I see them turning on Jon Snow, triggered by his wildling-friendly policy.
Sam leaving is the last thing I expect. He is not gonna retreat from the oath and even if there was no oath...you've seen him fight in all kinds of adverse environment. His ability to find light in the darkest hours and outgrow himself when it matters is nothing short of spectacular.
The only way I see him leave the NW is by a direct order from the Lord Commander - definitely not because the other guys are oppressing him.

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
Remember Lord Mormont. Night's Watch has been portrayed as a bunch of criminals except a few exceptions and I see them turning on Jon Snow, triggered by his wildling-friendly policy.
Sam leaving is the last thing I expect. He is not gonna retreat from the oath and even if there was no oath...you've seen him fight in all kinds of adverse environment. His ability to find light in the darkest hours and outgrow himself when it matters is nothing short of spectacular.
The only way I see him leave the NW is by a direct order from the Lord Commander - definitely not because the other guys are oppressing him.
It's all being set up for him to leave - all the talk about the Citadel, Gilly being told she needs to take that baby south before it's too late, Stannis telling Sam he needs to keep researching...he'll leave to find more answers, and to help Gilly.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Epic ending.
Jon now knows that his sword kicks ass
So true :lol:

So we know that the metal in his sword can also kill the dead, not just dragon glass?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and the preivew of the new episode shows Jon and the guy he left in charge looking at each other. Seems like the NW is going to turn on Jon now. Shit is getting real.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)