Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (33 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
So true :lol:

So we know that the metal in his sword can also kill the dead, not just dragon glass?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and the preivew of the new episode shows Jon and the guy he left in charge looking at each other. Seems like the NW is going to turn on Jon now. Shit is getting real.
It's Valeryian steel, check out Brienne's fight with Littlfefinger's guys earlier this season, it's pretty much got the same effect on normal swords as the weapon the wight had :D
It's not really that helpful though in the grand scheme of things, the guys who made that metal (Valeryans) have basically been extinct for centuries, the place where Tyrion and Jorah sailed through two or three episodes back was their crib. There's like 6 of those swords left or so.

And why would the NW turn on Jon? Didn't see any indication of that at all. He's their leader, nothing wrong with the leader of the opposition to look at him.

That episode was the first of the season that kinda surprised me btw :D

And Meryn Trant is so going down.

- - - Updated - - -

The only minor problem I had with the episode was that it was crystal clear that Jon would survive, lacked the tension many other GoT fights had :D

Otherwise, best of the season without a doubt.

- - - Updated - - -

The forum layout with spoilers is fucked up yo

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Holy fuck!!!

Almost made up for all those previous slow episodes, almost

- - - Updated - - -

Melisandra on Sky Atlantic's Thronecast :tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

Khaleesi actually having good dialogue too :tup:

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Anyone else think that giant is gonna turn in the next episode? He looked in a lot of discomfort when he was walking past Jon's boat and was rubbing his face like something was affecting him. Sustained a lot of attacks from them skeleton white walkers so it's not unreasonable to think one of them managed to bite him (which I'm assuming changes the living to the dead like a zombie attack:D)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Meh
Always thought the White Walkers would be as badass as the one Sam killed. But apparently only the Officers are badass and 90% are just zombie cannonfodder.
Well aren't, only, those "officers" the actual white walkers? The zombies are just reanimated human corpses.

seems like they changed the zombies a bit though. The ones encountered earlier on in the series was slow and looked just like a dead people. The zombies last night looked way more decayed, quicker more and aggressive too. like it went from walking dead to 28 days later

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Seems so. I assumed that human corpses turn into the same kind of White Walkers. Didn't know there are different classes :D
You can compare it with tuz. The great members on here, also known as the White Walkers of tuz, have a medal below their name. All the peasants on tuz are basically useless zombies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Seems so. I assumed that human corpses turn into the same kind of White Walkers. Didn't know there are different classes :D
Nah it seems like the actual White Walkers from a different process. Remember that scene where Krastor's baby was taken to the white walker castle and turned into one of them?

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Exactly, I just hoped that the entire WW army would consist of those Krastor-kids-transformation-process dudes. As of now we know that the biggest danger the WW army poses is not their actual strength but their ability to reproduce everytime they kill a human. Pretty generic zombie movie set-up. I would have preferred the entire army to be all armored glass-skin warriors like the officers

You can compare it with tuz. The great members on here, also known as the White Walkers of tuz, have a medal below their name. All the peasants on tuz are basically useless zombies.
Huh no you're wrong, it's about who has a coloured name.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Anyone else think that giant is gonna turn in the next episode? He looked in a lot of discomfort when he was walking past Jon's boat and was rubbing his face like something was affecting him. Sustained a lot of attacks from them skeleton white walkers so it's not unreasonable to think one of them managed to bite him (which I'm assuming changes the living to the dead like a zombie attack:D)
I don't think it works that way at all...remember when Stannis attacked Mance and John snow warned him to burn all the bodies before nightfall even though it had nothing to do with Walkers. I think anyone who dies north of the wall, regardless of how, becomes a zombie.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its not just north of the wall, but just so happens they havent crossed the wall yet ;)

White Walkers possess the magical powers related to ice and cold. Their arrival is usually accompanied by blizzards and the dropping of temperatures. They can also freeze anything they touch, as one froze Sam's sword to the point that it shattered. White Walkers also have superhuman strength, as one managed to toss Samwell Tarly several feet away with a single back-handed punch. The White Walkers wield swords and spears made from unique ice crystals.

However, one of their most deadly abilities is to reanimate the dead as their servants, known as Wights. They are actually capable of reviving any dead animals as wights, as a few White Walkers have been seen riding undead horses. They cannot, however, revive a corpse into servitude if the fallen creatures have died by fire. Once the Wights have been risen to serve the White Walkers, their eyes turn an icy blue, similar to the White Walkers' own eyes. Wights can only be killed by fire and serve the Walkers without question.

​As previously mentioned, one White Walker, speculated to be their master, possesses the ability to change humans into White Walkers, demonstrated at the end of Oathkeeper when he takes Craster's son into his arms and places a single finger upon its cheek, causing the baby's eyes glow blue and his skin to grow pale, taking on the appearance of the White Walkers. Whether or not this ability extends to only this White Walker, all of the White Walkers amongst his caste, or all White Walkers in general remains to be seen.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Shit is gonna hit the fan
my speculations:
Khaleesi starts marching towards the Iron Throne to "accidentally" have her dragons in Westeros by the time White Walkers arrive. .."song of ice and fire"..
Ramsay kills Stannis, Night's Watch will turn on Jon Snow as he arrives with the wildlings. Littlefinger learns Stannis is finished so he makes a move to free Sansa, Cersei stays imprisoned, Sparrow takes control of King's Landing, Jamie and Bronn won't have (much) screentime.

After Khaleesi takes the Iron Throne Wun Wun is allowed to have sexy time with Cersei

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
All that matters is we can post :stuckup: at least Therion finally told Sansa Stark about her little bros.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)