Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (60 Viewers)

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Am I the only one disapointed that they've changed the appearance of the white walkers? They were possesed humans in the first series and now they're some cgi zombie, skeletal shit....they were scary in the first episode and now they aren't real. Its a real shame.

---------- Post added 05.06.2012 at 00:44 ----------

Interesting read by Alfie Allen (Theon).

http://www.wetpaint.com/network/articles/game-of-thrones-alfie-allen-i-just-want-people-to-sympathize-with-theon-greyjoy-exclusive?utm_campaign=vrl&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twu-network

"But what annoys me is when people can't differentiate between the character and the actor. And people are sort of going 'I hate that Alfie Allen.' It's like, no you don't hate me because you've never met me before, but you've seen Theon. So if you hate Theon, that's cool, but don't put that hate on me. So that can get a little bit annoying."

I really like this character TBH.
His sister is Lily Allen, she wrote a song on her first album about how he just sat around smoking weed all day :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Am I the only one disapointed that they've changed the appearance of the white walkers? They were possesed humans in the first series and now they're some cgi zombie, skeletal shit....they were scary in the first episode and now they aren't real. Its a real shame.

---------- Post added 05.06.2012 at 00:44 ----------

His sister is Lily Allen, she wrote a song on her first album about how he just sat around smoking weed all day :D
They weren't "possessed humans" in the prologue. They were humanoid things you saw for a second. But they certainly weren't the Pirates of the Caribbean caricatures from the last episode.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Thats a production choice, not a directorial choice - it will be cheaper for them to cgi those scenes on the scale they want rather than get actors and pay to cgi features in. It is a shame.
Budget was a big concern this season, with a number of characters being eliminated or combined. Would surprise me that they put all their eggs into episode 9. If that's the case then they should have just made the Season Finale the first episode of the next season.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They weren't "possessed humans" in the prologue. They were humanoid things you saw for a second. But they certainly weren't the Pirates of the Caribbean caricatures from the last episode.
I am reading the first book, this depiction of them, atleast the main leader of them, with the pale blue eyes and oozing shimmering skin, have more similarity to the description of the others in the (opening bit of) book then the series version in the first season.

But yeah overally not a good look, zombie army is meh.

---------- Post added 05.06.2012 at 10:57 ----------

Interesting read by Alfie Allen (Theon).

http://www.wetpaint.com/network/articles/game-of-thrones-alfie-allen-i-just-want-people-to-sympathize-with-theon-greyjoy-exclusive?utm_campaign=vrl&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twu-network

"But what annoys me is when people can't differentiate between the character and the actor. And people are sort of going 'I hate that Alfie Allen.' It's like, no you don't hate me because you've never met me before, but you've seen Theon. So if you hate Theon, that's cool, but don't put that hate on me. So that can get a little bit annoying."

I really like this character TBH.
Poor guy, he's speech was riveting and inspirational, only to be done like......exactly like he deserves :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Daenerys CuntBorn...

Seriously, I dont mind her storyline, will be nice to see how things unfold when she gets to Westeros next season, but for this last episode, it was FRUSTRATING how much precious air time they wasted on her.

kronos

Aug 16, 2011
I found the episode to be rather disappointing, it was a season finale, it's supposed to take your breath away or give you big surprises yet it left me not caring much.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Daenerys CuntBorn...

Seriously, I dont mind her storyline, will be nice to see how things unfold when she gets to Westeros next season, but for this last episode, it was FRUSTRATING how much precious air time they wasted on her.
:agree:

The story is interesting but the character and actress drive me insane.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)