Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (68 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I dont like R.R Martin's writing style when I tried in the past, and even if might like these books, the decision of not reading the books is the same as I didnt read manga of anime series I watched, ruins ze fun a bit.

My sister stopped watching this series weekly because she said its too good of an adaption hehe, almost scene for scene in alot of stuff, not much new angles to discover or such. But anyways for me, I'm not in a hurry, prefer finding out in the medium of this quality tv production. If the tv series gets cancelled (dont see how), then I will read ze books.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
Aaron I will definitely read the books.

I am not a huge fan of Daenerys either. Cersei has some elements that makes you hate her and some elements that make you feel sorry for her. So all in all she is a good character because she appeals to the emotions in you that she was intended to. Well at least in my opinion anyway. Daenerys on the other hand mostly inspires feelings of what comes next for the character from me. She does not draw me in emotionally as Cersei does. Maybe I need to read the book.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
definitely recommend reading the books, am 600 pages into A Clash of Kings.

for those who've read them, how are the next 2?

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
Yeah, Arya is gonna be sick. By the end of the last book, I was like "oh snap".

Yes! Exactly what I was hoping for! :D I really need to read the books now.

I really love the relationship she and her dad shared. Wish he didn't die, it would have been great to see them grow together. :sad: I didn't quite get to the episode where he died yet but I accidentally saw a spoiler on nerd.com or nerd.org or whatever it was. :sad: Can't remember offhand.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
definitely recommend reading the books, am 600 pages into A Clash of Kings.

for those who've read them, how are the next 2?
The third is very good and introduces new characters and a new kingdom (Dorne). A lot of important plot points occur which affect the direction of the series. The characters grow and the narrative begins to sort itself out. The 4th and 5th books were meant to be one single book, however due to length the author decided to split them geographically.

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
I want to wring that poor little blonde girl excuse of a man, "king's" neck! If I were Arya I would have bitten the hand that held me back and ran. And well we all know Sansa is a colossal waste of time so I didn't expect anything but weeping from her anyway.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
4th will be the last one?

How many books are there, and pages in total?
900 plus, lol.

The third is very good and introduces new characters and a new kingdom (Dorne). A lot of important plot points occur which affect the direction of the series. The characters grow and the narrative begins to sort itself out. The 4th and 5th books were meant to be one single book, however due to length the author decided to split them geographically.
hmm interesting...will continue the adventures of Westeros! :D

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Book spoilers.

So who here believes Jon is the son of Prince Rheagar and Lyanna Stark? Ned took him as his bastard to save him from Robert killing him and save Lyanna's honor to boot. My money's on that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)