Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (15 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Actually Cercei wanted to keep Ned alive and send him to the Wall. This death is all on Joffrey. And maybe Littlefinger.
meh that would've been incredibly stupid to send Ned to the wall at that point. They basically had to go all in and kill him or let him lead the inevitable war against them. He knew Cersei and Jamie were fucking and created Joffrey and he believed that they killed John Aryn over it.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
meh that would've been incredibly stupid to send Ned to the wall at that point. They basically had to go all in and kill him or let him lead the inevitable war against them. He knew Cersei and Jamie were fucking and created Joffrey and he believed that they killed John Aryn over it.
Imagine we had Ned, Robert, Tywin and such duking it out and not a bunch of puppies, halfwits and girls. Bohooo will they or won't they fuck? bohooo Westeros 90210

I want Bobby THE WHOOOOOOOOOOOREEE IS PREEEGNANNNNNNNNNNNT Baratheon back :tuttosport:

SURRRRROUNDED BY LAAAANNNNISTERRSS

MOAAAAARRRRR WINNEEEEEE

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Yeah, but they got him to renounce those allegations by promising him to spare his life, and most importantly those of his daughters. That he took back what he said and "admitted to treason" was mad important for them in terms of keeping the rest of the kingdom in their belief that Joffrey & co. were Baratheons.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine we had Ned, Robert, Tywin and such duking it out and not a bunch of puppies, halfwits and girls. Bohooo will they or won't they fuck? bohooo Westeros 90210

I want Bobby THE WHOOOOOOOOOOOREEE IS PREEEGNANNNNNNNNNNNT Baratheon back :tuttosport:

MOAAAAARRRRR WINNEEEEEE
Has little to do with the characters themselves, the show runners just can't write as cleverly. Not that that's a huge insult, GRRM himself hasn't been able to for the past few years.

I mean they still got guys like Varys, Littlefinger, Tyrion left and can't do much with them, and the other characters had huge potentials as well.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

MOAAAAARRRRR WINNEEEEEE
Totally and with a bit of grumpy Stannis in action. Too bad they had to kill off all these great characters in favor of eunuchs and stronk womyns

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, but they got him to renounce those allegations by promising him to spare his life, and most importantly those of his daughters. That he took back what he said and "admitted to treason" was mad important for them in terms of keeping the rest of the kingdom in their belief that Joffrey & co. were Baratheons.

- - - Updated - - -

Has little to do with the characters themselves, the show runners just can't write as cleverly. Not that that's a huge insult, GRRM himself hasn't been able to for the past few years.

I mean they still got guys like Varys, Littlefinger, Tyrion left and can't do much with them, and the other characters had huge potentials as well.
Yea but come on do you really think Ned Stark would've just taken it on the chin and lived out his days at the wall? The second he gets there he's gonna rally his bannerman and all the North :D

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

Tyrion and Varys have been dead in the sense that they are walking dictionaries for Daenerys now - Tyrion also a nice plot device to make mistakes so Dany can come out on top fixing them. After the Tarly burning we had slight hope of treason but now, since everybody is a happy gang together, and Dany has 'redeemed' herself by helping Jon it's not gonna happen.

And even if D&D used them correctly, Varys and LF are still helper kind of characters without ancestry or claim to the throne. What was the point of murdering Stannis off screen again? Renly?

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Totally and with a bit of grumpy Stannis in action. Too bad they had to kill off all these great characters in favor of eunuchs and stronk womyns

- - - Updated - - -

Yea but come on do you really think Ned Stark would've just taken it on the chin and lived out his days at the wall? The second he gets there he's gonna rally his bannerman and all the North :D
Actually yes, it's Ned we're talking about, his whole MO was honour. Rob would probably still have pressed on with the war regardless though.

- - - Updated - - -

Tyrion and Varys have been dead in the sense that they are walking dictionaries for Daenerys now - Tyrion also a nice plot device to make mistakes so Dany can come out on top fixing them. After the Tarly burning we had slight hope of treason but now, since everybody is a happy gang together, and Dany has 'redeemed' herself by helping Jon it's not gonna happen.

And even if D&D used them correctly, Varys and LF are still helper kind of characters without ancestry or claim to the throne. What was the point of murdering Stannis off screen again? Renly?
You missed my point. It's not Ned, or Tywin, or Stannis who make the decisions. It's the writers.

But yeah, don't remind me about how they handled Stannis' death :D

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I agree currently but I'm pretty sure they mentioned earlier than Dany will suffer three betrayals. IMO one of Tyrion or Varys (maybe both) will totally betray Dany next season. Tyrion will feel guilt for destroying his home and killing his houses bannermen or Varys because he sees a change in the playing field and no longer believes Dany is best leader for the realm.

I think the burning of the Tarlys, the criticism dany has received for using dragons while supposedly trying to win hearts and minds, and Tyrions doubt are totally a setup for this.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually yes, it's Ned we're talking about, his whole MO was honour. Rob would probably still have pressed on with the war regardless though.

- - - Updated - - -

You missed my point. It's not Ned, or Tywin, or Stannis who make the decisions. It's the writers.

But yeah, don't remind me about how they handled Stannis' death :D
He stabbed Arthur Dayne in the back and took credit for beating the best swordsman in Westeros for decades. He's not that honor bound :p

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I agree currently but I'm pretty sure they mentioned earlier than Dany will suffer three betrayals. IMO one of Tyrion or Varys (maybe both) will totally betray Dany next season. Tyrion will feel guilt for destroying his home and killing his houses bannermen or Varys because he sees a change in the playing field and no longer believes Dany is best leader for the realm.

I think the burning of the Tarlys, the criticism dany has received for using dragons while supposedly trying to win hearts and minds, and Tyrions doubt are totally a setup for this.

- - - Updated - - -

He stabbed Arthur Dayne in the back and took credit for beating the best swordsman in Westeros for decades. He's not that honor bound :p
Nah, that was Howland Reed :p

I mean I could see some situations where he'd refrain from going to the Night's Watch, but there would have to be some other compelling reason.

Oh, and in general his death is probably still the most iconic moment of the series, you don't seriously want to take that away.

- - - Updated - - -

They can make up for it with a spinoff about Bobby's rebellion
They won't do that though. GRRM said that he doesn't want that to happen either.

The spinoffs will be about some other stuff.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Nah, that was Howland Reed :p

I mean I could see some situations where he'd refrain from going to the Night's Watch, but there would have to be some other compelling reason.

Oh, and in general his death is probably still the most iconic moment of the series, you don't seriously want to take that away.

- - - Updated - - -

They won't do that though. GRRM said that he doesn't want that to happen either.

The spinoffs will be about some other stuff.
Oh i forgot he didn't kill him. even sleazier

I don't. I'm just saying that the Lannisters were right to execute him from their perspective. He was a hell of a leader and a respected figure, smart to kill him before he leads rebellion against you.

Though i suppose they couldve just kept his kids as hostages

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

Dumbest aspect of the D&D made Tarly burning was that Randyll has forever been loyal to the Mad King, fighting against Baratheons and Lannisters in the rebellion, now converted to Lannisters for no reason and refused to serve his beloved King's daughter for even less reason :lol:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Dumbest aspect of the D&D made Tarly burning was that Randyll has forever been loyal to the Mad King, fighting against Baratheons and Lannisters in the rebellion, now converted to Lannisters for no reason and refused to serve his beloved King's daughter for even less reason :lol:
He was someone allied with the lannisters they could off that fans wouldn't miss yet is still significant enough in Westeros to matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)