Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (15 Viewers)

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
E08

Apparently a candle goes out if you cut it through the middle

barely watchable shit tbh
How did that candle went out in the first place? :lol:

My problem was mostly with the Arya conclusion, I didnt expect any of the theories to be correct, but I expected something better and more logical than what they did, the shows main selling point was its mindfucks and not being afraid to kill off any character and in doing so relating to real life. But that shit was njust weak, she runs away from a deadly assassin group, then starts strutting around the city carefree, gets stabbed pretty badly, swims in what im pretty sure is shit infested water, somehow finds her way to lady crane, has some soup and sleep, then all the sudden shes ready for some parkour, makes it all the way back to her hideout, cuts a candle and we dont even get a fucking reaction from the waif scene. Horrible. For a bunch of mysterious deadly assassins this organization sure is clumsy and dumb as fuck.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
read interesting theory about how...

...Cersei and the Maester are planning to use the Mad King's tunnels of wildfire to completely torch King's Landing.

I just realized that if this is true then it totally sets up an opportunity for a desperate Jamie to kill her, like he did the Mad King, and fulfill witches prophecy that Cersei would be killed by her younger brother

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
The good thing about Game of Thrones used to be that the popular characters didn't necessarily survive. Now, however, they seem to be doing everything to keep the best-liked characters alive - even bringing them back from the dead if they have to. :D

I do like that they seem to finally bring together the different storylines. In some of the previous seasons the storylines felt too separated. At this point I hope we'll continue to see them doing that instead of introducing new characters and abilities. Introducing the time-travel stuff in the sixth season just felt so unnecessary.
It feels like the show doesn't have the same identity. The problem isn't that good things happen, but when it happens too much and important characters are too protected. It doesn't feel realistic and that sets a completely different tone to what we're used to.

The wine scene was garbage. This show is getting worse and worse.
Tyrion used to be witty, now he has become a one trick pony. Overall, the dialogue has gone to crap the past two seasons.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
This fucking time wasting man... I would understand if it was a 30 episodes/season show, but it's TEN episodes 50m each and they waste half of this for some bullshit. Book has so many interesting things and here it's more important to show drinking/fucking scenes or whatever. meh.

Nice to finally see someone telling this religious bunch to fuck off. :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking there had to be some trickery or secret twist to Arya plot to make it cooler. Theories about how the Waif was Aryas split personality to kill her original one and make the girl with no name or Jaqen was gonna kill waif but no... she actually survived that attack and then just tells Jaqen yea i wasted your time, killed your waif and now im leaving...he just nods approvingly...

This has really been a shit season so far.
yesss :lol:

she tells him, hey i just killed your favorite assassin and now i'm leaving and Jaqen is like

ffs :lol:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It feels like the show doesn't have the same identity. The problem isn't that good things happen, but when it happens too much and important characters are too protected. It doesn't feel realistic and that sets a completely different tone to what we're used to.

Tyrion used to be witty, now he has become a one trick pony. Overall, the dialogue has gone to crap the past two seasons.
Tyrion has gone from slyest imp in the world to idiot comic relief

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That scene and King Landings was only thing bareable that furthered the story a little. Rest was so forced and beyond simplistic nonsense scenes I had to remind myself I was watching GOT. Dropped my attention span on several occasions which doesn't happen for a usually exciting series I look forward to.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
What a boring and nonsensical way for Arya to survive. Literally makes no sense. The hound scene, awful writing. Everything is black and white now. Eh
welcome to the old GoT..

- - - Updated - - -

ep09 trailer

snow is about to lose, littlefinger comes, so predictable
sansa promises littlefinger to suck his littlefinger and marry him i suppose...

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I actually thought that the season so far has been one of the best, but this episode :sergio:

Arya's stuff was just so laughably bad, what the fuck happened there, nothing makes any sense whatsoever. How are you a member of the best assassins order in the world if you can't kill a fucking wounded girl when you have 43 opportunities to do so?

Wasn't bothered by the Blackfish stuff tbh, that was quite alright in my book, Kings Landing was cool too.

Oh, and another Dany saves the day moment :tup: How creative and unexpected....

- - - Updated - - -

read interesting theory about how...

...Cersei and the Maester are planning to use the Mad King's tunnels of wildfire to completely torch King's Landing.

I just realized that if this is true then it totally sets up an opportunity for a desperate Jamie to kill her, like he did the Mad King, and fulfill witches prophecy that Cersei would be killed by her younger brother
Cersei will 100% ignite, or try to ignite, the wildfire caches, it's one of the few theories I've been absolutely certain for the series. Extremely heavily foreshadowed, plus we even saw it all exploding in Bran's visions earlier this season (couldn't be a vision of the past as the wildfire storages haven't been used so far, Aerys didn't get to it before getting killed).

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
I actually thought that the season so far has been one of the best, but this episode :sergio:

Arya's stuff was just so laughably bad, what the fuck happened there, nothing makes any sense whatsoever. How are you a member of the best assassins order in the world if you can't kill a fucking wounded girl when you have 43 opportunities to do so?

Wasn't bothered by the Blackfish stuff tbh, that was quite alright in my book, Kings Landing was cool too.

Oh, and another Dany saves the day moment :tup: How creative and unexpected....

- - - Updated - - -

Cersei will 100% ignite, or try to ignite, the wildfire caches, it's one of the few theories I've been absolutely certain for the series. Extremely heavily foreshadowed, plus we even saw it all exploding in Bran's visions earlier this season (couldn't be a vision of the past as the wildfire storages haven't been used so far, Aerys didn't get to it before getting killed).
:agree:
Also, remember Dany's vision of the throne room being destroyed

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
That scene and King Landings was only thing bareable that furthered the story a little. Rest was so forced and beyond simplistic nonsense scenes I had to remind myself I was watching GOT. Dropped my attention span on several occasions which doesn't happen for a usually exciting series I look forward to.
:agree: I found myself reading Tuz through the episode :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)