Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (31 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I know, I was just teasing.

- - - Updated - - -

The rape scene that never was.-.- Effing producers! What? Were we starting to like Jaime too much or something?

- - - Updated - - -

I am so annoyed by this right now. -.-
seems to me like some people have forgotten that jamie lannister tried to murder a ten year old in the first episode and brutally murdered a young man, who was a lannnister, to escape the starks...but you still liked him then? attacking cersei, one of the least sympathetic characters in the show, was too far? :disagree:

Buy on AliExpress.com

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
The rape scene that never was.-.- Effing producers! What? Were we starting to like Jaime too much or something?

- - - Updated - - -

I am so annoyed by this right now. -.-
I think the guy that wrote this needs to watch the scene again because what I have seen is close to what Martin wrote. It wasn't a brutal rape, more like Cercei fighting her lust with objections and Jaime having only the first. It was obvious to me that Cercei didn't do everything she could to stop it and enjoyed it. I don't think the producers wanted to sell it as a brutal rape.

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
seems to me like some people have forgotten that jamie lannister tried to murder a ten year old in the first episode and brutally murdered a young man, who was a lannnister, to escape the starks...but you still liked him then? attacking cersei, one of the least sympathetic characters in the show, was too far? :disagree:
Tywin murdered loads of people and I like him too! And yes, I know that's not really helping my cause but Jaime is somewhat redeemable to me. What he did to Bran was inexcusable, I agree, but at the same time he doesn't deliberately set out to hurt others. He killed the mad king because he was a threat to others. His actions were to protect not to harm, just like in the twisted way throwing Bran off was to protect Cersei and his children. Arya is killing people in cold blood but we all still love her...

I think the guy that wrote this needs to watch the scene again because what I have seen is close to what Martin wrote. It wasn't a brutal rape, more like Cercei fighting her lust with objections and Jaime having only the first. It was obvious to me that Cercei didn't do everything she could to stop it and enjoyed it. I don't think the producers wanted to sell it as a brutal rape.
No means no where I come from. :shifty: She was saying no the whole time. Of course no one felt sympathy because it is Cersei and watching them both do it is pretty disgusting but Jaime clearly would have gone on regardless of what.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
But she was also saying no in the book. The point is that it happened like Martin envisioned it. Of course in the book you can see the thoughts of Cercei and here you only have words and gestures.

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
But she was also saying no in the book. The point is that it happened like Martin envisioned it. Of course in the book you can see the thoughts of Cercei and here you only have words and gestures.
Thoughts? She said them aloud my friend:

She kissed him. A light kiss, the merest brush of her lips on his, but he could feel her tremble as he slid his arms around her. “I am not whole without you.”There was no tenderness in the kiss he returned to her, only hunger. Her mouth opened for his tongue. “No,” she said weakly when his lips moved down her neck, “not here. The septons…”
“The Others can take the septons.” He kissed her again, kissed her silent, kissed her until she moaned. Then he knocked the candles aside and lifted her up onto the Mother’s altar, pushing up her skirts and the silken shift beneath. She pounded on his chest with feeble fists, murmuring about the risk, the danger, about their father, about the septons, about the wrath of gods. He never heard her. He undid his breeches and climbed up and pushed her bare white legs apart. One hand slid up her thigh and underneath her smallclothes. When he tore them away, he saw that her moon’s blood was on her, but it made no difference.
“Hurry,” she was whispering now, “quickly, quickly, now, do it now, do me now. Jaime Jaime Jaime.” Her hands helped guide him. “Yes,” Cersei said as he thrust, “my brother, sweet brother, yes, like that, yes, I have you, you’re home now, you’re home now, you’re home.” She kissed his ear and stroked his short bristly hair. Jaime lost himself in her flesh. He could feel Cersei’s heart beating in time with his own, and the wetness of blood and seed where they were joined.
Very different from what was on the show.

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
He saved Brienne but that's because he needed her.

Otherwise he's been a pretty regular scumbag.

He also killed the mad king to save thousands:

Aerys opened the city gates, and the Lannisters proceeded to sack the city. Jaime again begged Aerys to surrender, but the Mad King ordered Jaime to bring him Tywin's head, and his pyromancer) to set the city ablaze with the hidden wildfire, burning its five hundred thousand inhabitants to death, rather than lose the the city to the rebels. "Burn them all," Aerys said, "Burn them in their homes. Burn them in their beds." Jaime makes it plain to Brienne that was his breaking point and asks her what she would do if her precious Renly commanded her to kill her own father and then stand by and do nothing as he murdered thousands of innocent people; she can only sit in shocked silence. Jaime goes on to say that he killed the pyromancer first, then drove his sword into Aerys' back as the Mad King tried to run for his life. Even as he was dying, the Mad King kept raving "Burn them all...Burn them all..." Shaken at the memory, Jaime speculates that King Aerys didn't believe he would die in the blaze; in his lunacy, the Mad King believed he would be reborn as a dragon in the fire, granting him the power to burn his enemies to ashes...so Jaime finished Aerys off by slitting his throat in order to make sure he died, concluding that Eddard Stark found him at that point

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
I actually hated him at first until I realised there was more to him.

So that redeems him from the murders he's commited but not the sexual assault? :confused:
Please read my post a few posts above. I never said it was forgiveable. I said in some twisted way he did it to protect his family.

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
Jaime is a G sometimes, like when he got treated for the stub of his arm.

- - - Updated - - -

but then he pushed a kid of a window

- - - Updated - - -

fucks his sister

- - - Updated - - -

her sister goddamn it

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

:D honestly i think Jamie is a cool character but he's also a sadistic asshole and deserves whatever he gets. everyone demonized joffrey but imo pretty much all of the lannisters, bar tyrion, are the most evil characters in the show

OP
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #3,099
    Actually Kyle, Jon is more my type than Jaime.

Jaime is an aloof, kickass warrior with inner battles of his own that make him an interesting character. Also, I'm influenced by the greater character details provided in the books.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    I actually hated him at first until I realised there was more to him.

Please read my post a few posts above. I never said it was forgiveable. I said in some twisted way he did it to protect his family.
    Kyle and myself are just wondering why rough sex with his sister is making people say he's evil all of a sudden. He's done way worse shit in the past but this seems to bring him over the edge?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)