Gabriel Obertan (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Obertan played the last 10 minutes today against Rennes, he was quite good, lightning fast...but he really needs to improve his end product.

This kid is going to be something special,

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
:agree:

saw the last 15min and he almost scored shooting between the keeper's legs but the ball went wide.

He made good runs and makes a decent pass.

I'll try and check him out more but they don't show a lot of Bordeaux games here.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
:agree:

saw the last 15min and he almost scored shooting between the keeper's legs but the ball went wide.

He made good runs and makes a decent pass.

I'll try and check him out more but they don't show a lot of Bordeaux games here.
thats ok, he's still not a starter yet anyway.Plus you already have your Ligue informant right here;)

Henry was a winger also;)
good point ;)

Apr 6, 2008
I hope that after an year he will be Juve Player. He will be like a rocket in this slow italian football championship.

imagine what Christiano Ronaldo would do in Italy if he is to come...

Jul 15, 2006
Exactly. Odonkor is fookin fast, but lacks certain technique at times such as crossing... Obertan would be a good buy considering he'll probably improve very fast at Juve.

Apr 6, 2008
Thats a naive way of looking at it, by your logic, Odonkor would run circles around Serie A defenders.
You can all see what Mancini is doing. I don't think that it is so naive. Italian Football is slow. On the other hand our fast players are old now. Camoranesi is still playing a top level football but in my opinion we must get young prospect (his replacement) now. For Nedved I can't said anything more. I miss hiss great runs and dribbling.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You can all see what Mancini is doing. I don't think that it is so naive. Italian Football is slow. On the other hand our fast players are old now. Camoranesi is still playing a top level football but in my opinion we must get young prospect (his replacement) now. For Nedved I can't said anything more. I miss hiss great runs and dribbling.
So do you think Juventus should buy Odonkor?? as he is really one of the fastest players out there..

Apr 6, 2008
So do you think Juventus should buy Odonkor?? as he is really one of the fastest players out there..
Is he as young and prospective like Obertan? Obertan still can improve a lot, Odonkor on the other hand is a finished type of player. As I already said we should go for replacements of Nedved and Camoranesi. Obertan could replace Camoranesi successfully after an year or two. The point is to get it when he is young and cheap, and to make him work well with the team.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Is he as young and prospective like Obertan? Obertan still can improve a lot, Odonkor on the other hand is a finished type of player. As I already said we should go for replacements of Nedved and Camoranesi. Obertan could replace Camoranesi successfully after an year or two. The point is to get it when he is young and cheap, and to make him work well with the team.
I'm not disputing the fact that Obertan can be a good player, what i dont agree with, is the notion that, if your fast you can make it in the Serie A. thats what you said over here.

He will be like a rocket in this slow italian football championship.

imagine what Christiano Ronaldo would do in Italy if he is to come...

Apr 6, 2008
Yes I said that fast players could have future in Seria A and then I gave a few examples of such players who will fit. Christiano Ronalno, Mancini ( already proven), Di Natale... There are a lot of examples. Why did u asked me about Odonkor? He is not that good anyway. Here we are discussing Obertan and what I said was that the Italian Championship is a slow league and Obertan with his skills will be like a rocket there.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Well i disagree, i think these kind of players would do better in England or Spain.
:agree: totally agree, been fast players doesn't mean they'll do great in italy. IMO C.ronaldo specifically won't impress much in italy. In england he has space to do all his circus tricks in italy he won't get that space. Both in spain and england players have more space, in italy its the opposite....

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
i would rather get a young forward with potential this summer, as although Amauri is great it will mean that we will have to buy a few new forwards in a few years time when him, do, trez and iaquinta get too old so I would get obertan this summer so that he can intergrate into the team better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)