Gabriel Appelt (6 Viewers)

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Gained promotion to LaLiga yesterday, if he continues with Leganes. I had high hopes on Appelt when he came, now I don't even remember how long ago it was. Thought he was ruined doing time in Serie B but seems hes still hanging on. Scored a few goals this year, some of them headers which surprised me as I used to think of him a regista, seems that he player a different, more attacking role with Leganes. Hope he gets to play in a top league next year and be useful to Juve somehow.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Style of play
A tactical player, Piazon is known for his flair, passing, powerful shooting, free-kicks, penalty kicks, reading of the game and clinical finishing. Piazon commented on his playing style, "I'd say my playing style is different from typical Brazilian forwards. When you think about these, you think about dribbles and flashy moves. My football is simpler and more direct. It's more like a midfielder playing up front. I like to pass quickly. I don't hog the ball and I don't tend to run with it."[59]

The media have often drawn comparisons between Piazon and Brazilian playmaker Kaká, as the pair possess similar attributes and natural technical finesse. Piazon also somewhat resembles Kaká. However, Piazon has rejected comparisons saying: "I don't think [we are similar]", Piazon says of Kaká. "My style and his style are different because I am a winger, or a second striker, and he is a central midfielder. He went on to say, "I don't think the comparison is because of our style. I think it is because we both played at São Paulo and maybe we can look similar on the pitch sometimes."[60][61]

:howler:

He's currently rehabbing from an injury after a loan spell @ Fulham. He's 24 years old now :baus: :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)