future juventus captain? (8 Viewers)

Dan10

Mar 15, 2005
wow it should definately go to Buffon or Zambrotta or even Nedved but it should stay around the arm of an Italian.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I'd give it to Cannavaro if he wasn't so new to the team,Gigi is a no-no while Zambrotta is too passive imo.

Probably Thuram or Nedved.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
For the next season, I would give it to Thuram, Canna would be a top candidate, but he is only been with us for 1 season.

2nd will be Zambrotta, and 3rd will be Buffon

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Cannavaro - fantastic leader and our most consistent performer, but hasn't been in the team long enough and isn't really the future of the team.

Thuram - great presence on the pitch, solid performer, has been with us for some time. Unfortunately he's not getting any younger, so he's in the same boat as Cannavaro. If Del Piero were to (hypothetically of course) leave at the end of this season, I think he should get the captain's armband.

Zambrotta - very consistent performer and makes a huge impact on the team, but IMO is much too quiet to be a captain. I haven't seen him speaking a single word on the football pitch. He's the type of player who just does his job on the pitch.

Buffon - Buffon has been with us for some time and will probably stick around for many more years barring a mega transfer. Another consistent performer and probably the kind of player who inspires his team and makes them feel secure, but personally I don't really like the idea of having a goalkeeper as the captain. Shouldn't count that against him though, as that's just my opinion.

Nedved - next in line for me after Thuram, but I can't see him staying with us for any longer than one or two more seasons. I hate to say it, but his influence has waned significantly compared to his Ballon d'Or winning season. Like Zambrotta though, Nedved is a bit too quiet and business-like to be the captain.

Zlatan - too temperemental. Cantona's an exception. He's the kind of player we look like basing our team around in the future, so If he can clean up his act a bit and start showing some leadership qualities, I wouldn't be against giving him the captain's armband. That'll take at least 3-5 years though I think.

Emerson - another new player to the team, and again he's not getting any younger. A great influence on our team though, and the kind of player teammates feel secure with.

Thuram
Nedved
Cannavaro
Emerson

May 30, 2004
i would say thuram but he culd be done be4 del piero ... so the captain shuld be zambrotta but he doesnt have leader charachteristics .. nedved yes cannavaro wuld be good too but the captain will be tachinardi if hes a sub then it ll go to thuram .... if not its pessoto birindelli montero zambrotta ferara etc

pembohong

Jul 24, 2004
Gigi or Zambrotta.

Canna and Emo is too old and they're still new to the team. I'm surprised people even mentioned Zlatan. He's no leader type of player IMO.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
1) Del Piero
2) Cannavaro
3) Emerson
4) Buffon
5) Zambrotta

Although Cannavaro and Emerson are new, they are leader type players. Zambrotta is too quiet to be the captain and I don't want a keeper as captain.

Geof

May 14, 2004
1) Del Piero

2) Cannavaro
3) Zambrotta
4) Buffon
5) Emerson

135486) Blasi

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I also do not want a keeper for captain,not unless he's as influential as Pagliuca or Toldo.Gigi isn't the strong,courageous type either,he's too passive and erratic.

He needs to be like Canizares:cool:

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Next Season I would like to see Cannavaro has our captain, he is pure heart!!

Maybe in the future Zlatan could be our captain, but first he has alot to mature...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)