Future coach (50 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
As excited as I am that Allegri is gone. I just can't bring myself to be get too excited for Motta. I'll try and remain positive but it's hard after seeing so many failed managers since my time as a fan.

I remember when we signed Del Neri off the back of him having a great season with Sampdoria while having them play quality football. He took them to 4th place...

Then he was absolutely awful the following season with Juve.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
As excited as I am that Allegri is gone. I just can't bring myself to be get too excited for Motta. I'll try and remain positive but it's hard after seeing so many failed managers since my time as a fan.

I remember when we signed Del Neri off the back of him having a great season with Sampdoria while having them play quality football. He took them to 4th place...

We had a poor mercato when Del Neri arrived too. Del Neri never coached a big club prior to coaching Juve and during his time with us, he most famously implied that Juventus are not expected to win trophies every year.

You are severely underestimating the importance of having spent time at a big club either as a player or as a coach. It's not the most important factor for a coach to succeed but it sure helps in their progress.

I am positive about Motta doing well because he has a plan and specific philosophy of how he wants his teams to play. Whether or not he can be an instant success remains to be seen but with a couple of strong transfer windows, I believe we'll eventually start to see results.

Just look at the progress Arsenal have made under Arteta. They would've won at least 1 league title by now if not for state owned City and their stacked squad.

You are seeing many big clubs heading in the same direction, appointing young-ish coaches with a view to long term success.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002

Relax, its not like in the past we hired a Bologna coach that played great soccer to revolutionize the team and also bought with him several players from Bologna, while fans and media all call that Juventus were going to be an exiciting team to watch under that coach only to end up playing crappy football and end in 6 place...

I mean its not like history dont repeat it self...

:wine:

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Relax, its not like in the past we hired a Bologna coach that played great soccer to revolutionize the team and also bought with him several players from Bologna, while fans and media all call that Juventus were going to be an exiciting team to watch under that coach only to end up playing crappy football and end in 6 place...

I mean its not like history dont repeat it self...

:wine:
Who dis?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Malfredi, and he fits the Bologna to Juve part, but Espectro was talking about someone who made Bologna play great football in his time there, and looking at the standings from those seasons, I'm not sure it was the case.

P.S: I think he means Del Neri, but confused Sampdoria and Bologna.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Malfredi, and he fits the Bologna to Juve part, but Espectro was talking about someone who made Bologna play great football in his time there, and looking at the standings from those seasons, I'm not sure it was the case.

P.S: I think he means Del Neri, but confused Sampdoria and Bologna.
1716582913630.png

No, it was Manfredi... you can actually find reports from media saying that "Now Juventus will play exciting soccer"...

Oh and as extra tip... Manfredi was bougth after a succesfull italian Juventus manager was fired...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)