Future coach (92 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We don't need to exactly emulate Roma or Napoli. That's a low bar to set.

We need some semblance of identity or pattern in our attacking play.
I understand, and I agree. However, I don't believe a 64-year-old manager would have the patience to provide us with that, and even if he does, I doubt he'll be allowed to do so. The characteristics of most of our players are the opposite of what Spalletti expects from his players. The philosophy that Juve has developed over the decades contradicts Spalletti's approach. We attempted to change once before with Sarri, and it was the players who forced him out of the game. I anticipate a similar outcome for Spalletti.
I see your point - Spalletti should only establish the foundation. The issue is that I don't think he'll be allowed to, neither by the management (who'll refuse to buy him the desired players) nor by the current group of players..

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I understand, and I agree. However, I don't believe a 64-year-old manager would have the patience to provide us with that, and even if he does, I doubt he'll be allowed to do so. The characteristics of most of our players are the opposite of what Spalletti expects from his players. The philosophy that Juve has developed over the decades contradicts Spalletti's approach. We attempted to change once before with Sarri, and it was the players who forced him out of the game. I anticipate a similar outcome for Spalletti.
I see your point - Spalletti should only establish the foundation. The issue is that I don't think he'll be allowed to, neither by the management (who'll refuse to buy him the desired players) nor by the current group of players..
But which players exactly would oppose that? The only one I can think of is Bonucci and he's to be shitcanned from here asap. If not, he'll be a 6.5m net mascot.

The club's culture is there to be changed and that will be a challenge, I agree. The players though? I think the opposite - most of them are young and can be still shaped. Then older layers like Pogba, Danilo and Cuadrado surely wouldn't oppose that either.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We don't need to exactly emulate Roma or Napoli. That's a low bar to set.

We need some semblance of identity or pattern in our attacking play.

Comparing our current situation and squad to when Sarri took over doesn't make sense. The senatori are gone and all the oldies are soon gonna follow suit.

We have potential in this squad that needs good coaching. I know you don't rate Fagioli, but guys like him, Iling, Chiesa, Vlahovic etc plus with the addition of a good fullback or two can benefit from playing more direct football than approaching games like a scared crow by putting 10 men behind the ball.

We might not win a lot with Spalletti but once he's gone, the next coach can improve upon what he's built. We are in this dire situation where we can't choose 'top coaches'. I don't know why you guys don't understand that.
Yeah, just like that foundation Sarri built for the next coaches. Instead the superstar youngster they bought for him and his high line, pressing defence, De Ligt, was super mediocre in that season under Sarri and looked worse than the season before, and Sarri played no other youngsters. The only players who had good seasons under Sarri were Dybala and Ronaldo.

Spalletti doesn’t build teams. He didn’t leave a foundation at Roma. They sucked after he left, both times.

If we can’t get a top coach, gimme a young up and comer like De Zerbi, etc. Not a 65 year old mediocrity.

- - - Updated - - -

Spalletti got almost 90 points with Roma, he didn't win that scudetto because we were a machine. Now an historical scudetto with Napoli.

He won coppas and suppercoppas, won win Zenit, and iirc won the lower divisions coming up as well.

He is a great coach. Fixed on a 4231/433, a point for many who hate the back 3. The only downside is that he is bitter and eventually unlikable.
He just won a tinpot league where no one else is likely to crack 75 pts. Hardly stiff competition given the free fall Juve is in. And gimme me a break on Zenit. Russian league with the only team that spent more than pennies. Same with coppa and Supercoppa which when we win them are meaningless, tinpot trophies. Now they are major accomplishments for Spalletti?

Great coach? Lol

And that 87 pt season, he got shitkicked by Porto in the playoff round, 4-1 over two legs and failed to qualify for CL group stage. And then got spanked 4-2 in first leg Rof16 Europa by Lyon and couldn’t recover.

Last edited:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I would agree with you if Buffon and Chiellini were still here.

Look at our club captain. He's a lolzillian. Then you have Bonucci who already has one foot in retirement. Guys like Sandro and Cuadrado won't be here for too long.

These above group of players have stayed at the club for more than 4-5 players and they'll be gone soon.

The rest of the squad are players we purchased recently and who haven't tasted much success during their time here.

Do you think guys like Chiesa, Vlahovic, Iling, Fagioli, Locatelli, Bremer, possibly even Rovella try to oppose what Spalletti wants to build? What leverage do they even have in the first place?

As for not purchasing players Spalletti would want, do you think Giuntoli will follow a completely different direction that made him successful in the first place and change his recruitment policy completely?

There's a reason why we are hiring him. He knows how to work on a budget. He has had a good track record of identifying young talents that have developed into quality players. And this has recently brought him success.

It's all speculation at the end of the day but it's a bit far-fetched at this point to think that someone like Spalletti won't be 'allowed' to build a foundation to this team given that he'll be working with the same sporting director he tasted success with.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
he's very good though

not my first pick, not even my top3 but he's a quality coach. i just doubt his rebuilding qualities, and he's fairly hard to work with. so are many good coaches though so dunno whether it's a bug or a feature of a good coach lol
I guess we appraise him differently. I don’t actually think he’s terrible. But I do think he’s a fairly average coach, similar to Sarri. Stubborn one trick pony who had everything come together this season, including the really poor campaigns of all his rivals and won his first major trophy because of it.

I don’t think there are a lot of great coaches in football. And if we can’t hire one of the great ones, I’d rather we go for a young up and coming coach with high potential. Stay away from average 60+ year olds.

Last edited:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
But which players exactly would oppose that?
I don't mean that they will oppose him with words and arguments. I mean that the majority of our players don't have the characteristics to play a completely different style. And some, like Cuadrado for example, don't have the legs for that.
The names of Fagioli, Iling and Rovella are being mentioned, but right now they are nobodies. It's wishful thinking to expect Spalletti to come here and shape some youngsters to play his style and be great at it. Chiesa and Vlahovic perhaps, even Locatelli, but that's it - three players. It will take Spalletti years and years to get something out of this bunch. Years he doesn't have.

P.S: And we're not Napoli or Fiorentina. A coach like Spalletti, with no previous affiliation with Juve, will not be given more than a season, at most two, to start producing results.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Yeah, just like that foundation Sarri built for the next coaches. Instead the superstar youngster they bought for him and his high line, pressing defence, De Ligt, was super mediocre in that season under Sarri and looked worse than the season before, and Sarri played no other youngsters. The only players who had good seasons under Sarri were Dybala and Ronaldo.

Spalletti doesn’t build teams. He didn’t leave a foundation at Roma. They sucked after he left, both times.

If we can’t get a top coach, gimme a young up and comer like De Zerbi, etc. Not a 65 year old mediocrity.

- - - Updated - - -

He just won a tinpot league where no one else is likely to crack 75 pts. Hardly stiff competition given the free fall Juve is in. And gimme me a break on Zenit. Russian league with the only team that spent more than pennies. Same with coppa and Supercoppa which when we win them are meaningless, tinpot trophies. Now they are major accomplishments for Spalletti?

Great coach? Lol

And that 87 pt season, he got shitkicked by Porto in the playoff round, 4-1 over two legs and failed to qualify for CL group stage. And then got spanked 4-2 in first leg Rof16 Europa by Lyon and couldn’t recover.
Again namedropping Sarri when he's not even relevant to the discussion :lol:

Mental illness

Don't lie, I think you love Sarri's nicotine salami more than the actual Sarri throaters like HelterSkelter and the likes :hihi:

Spalletti is a better coach than Sarri and definitely a huge upgrade over jihadi Allegro

I wouldn't be opposed to his hiring neither would I oppose hiring someone like Tudor.

I just want Allegro out of the club. It is long overdue.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Again namedropping Sarri when he's not even relevant to the discussion :lol:

Mental illness

Don't lie, I think you love Sarri's nicotine salami more than the actual Sarri throaters like HelterSkelter and the likes :hihi:

Spalletti is a better coach than Sarri and definitely a huge upgrade over jihadi Allegro

I wouldn't be opposed to his hiring neither would I oppose hiring someone like Tudor.

I just want Allegro out of the club. It is long overdue.
Because Sarri and Spalletti are pretty much two peas in a pod, you mentally ill dolt. He is absolutely relevant to a discussion about hiring another of his ilk. If we are going to hire a 65 year old, hire a great coach with a history of success. Otherwise go for someone young and hungry. Spalletti is going to be 70 in a few years lol. Jj needs to stay the fuck away from the mediocre geriatrics.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Because Sarri and Spalletti are pretty much two peas in a pod, you mentally ill dolt. He is absolutely relevant to a discussion about hiring another of his ilk. If we are going to hire a 65 year old, hire a great coach with a history of success. Otherwise go for someone young and hungry. Spalletti is going to be 70 in a few years lol. Jj needs to stay the fuck away from the mediocre geriatrics.
Allegro pretty much thinks and looks like a 70 year old anyway

Amazing what this 'great coach' has produced in the last two years :baus:

Look, I would want someone young and hungry ideally but we are in a dire situation atm and we need to keep our options open.

While Spalletti is not exactly my first choice, I certainly wouldn't be too opposed to this idea of seeing him manage Juve.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I can understand where the comparison comes from I mean Sarri and Spaletti but only up to a point. However, even if you rate them the same which I don't, then you also have to consider that the circumstances are completely different now than when we hired Sarri:
- Sarri took over a very strong squad full of senators who refused to change their ways. They were consecutive Italian champions who simply refused to change.
- Sarri had no real backing from the club, he was never really given players he needed.
- Sarri struggled massively with star players who had big egos

Now, nothing from that Juve remains except for a few oldies like Alex Sandro, Cuadrado who is about to leave, Bonucci who should be pushed out and Szczęsny.

Why it'd be different for Spaletti:
- The squad is very young now, they won't refuse changes, probably most of them would endorse them
- Spaletti would have a true backing from the club this time because he comes only together with a DS in Giuntoli. We have to consider them compatible, they just won a scudetto after all
- Spaletti might not be the best communicator and manager in the world but he's done significantly better in this field in comparison to Sarri.

Now, he's not my first choice by any means but if Giuntoli brings him then so be it.

- - - Updated - - -

For whatever VS gurus are worth... a 'top' one just posted that ADL is talking to Palladino and he could be Spaletti's replacement.

On JJ he said that it'd be madness to continue with Allegri and... Conte is doing everything to come back here.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)