Future coach (63 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
That's impressive

Certainly looks a more appealing option than keeping the Livornese jihadi for sure

Get Giuntoli and start a new project. Maybe we can unearth a Kvara ourselves and reform Vlahovic into one of the best strikers in the league once again

We need to take that risk just like we did with Conte back in the day

Either him or Tudor would be fine by me
let's be honest we all want grosso cuz he channels that Football manager life we all played. started from the bottom, get promoted, go to new team struggling. win treble.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I'm not saying he's good or bad. I'm saying its a shot in the dark given his lack of Serie A experience, one we shouldnt take.
you literally wrote he's not exactly juve manager material, based on 3 matches at a badly managed club having a terrible squad. you might be right but that argument simply doesn't make sense

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OP
.zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #964
    checks the boxes: italian, knows the club both as a player and as a former manager of a few youth juve teams

he also has an attacking approach. from zz to thiago motta we've already heard so many speculations on our next potential coach, i wouldn't be surprised if jj kept grosso on their shortlist
    :agree:

- - - Updated - - -

I also mentioned Palladino a few weeks ago as well. He has to be on the same shortlist based on his body of work so far

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    Read again, I wrote Pippo aint Juve manager material..
    my bad then, i thought the last part means that either he turns out to be conte (good in the league, shit in cups) or pippo (good in cups, shit in the league), he won't be good enough

either way, judging anyone in football based on 3 matches is the very definition of premature. and my point only targeted this argument. i have no idea on grosso, i saw his frosinone a few times last season and some juve youth matches a few years ago, that's not enough to form an opinion. by the numbers he's doing great, but this is still a team sport and coach performances can't be separated from the squad at their disposal, so there's that too

Strickland

May 17, 2019
    my bad then, i thought the last part means that either he turns out to be conte (good in the league, shit in cups) or pippo (good in cups, shit in the league), he won't be good enough

either way, judging anyone in football based on 3 matches is the very definition of premature. and my point only targeted this argument. i have no idea on grosso, i saw his frosinone a few times last season and some juve youth matches a few years ago, that's not enough to form an opinion. by the numbers he's doing great, but this is still a team sport and coach performances can't be separated from the squad at their disposal, so there's that too
    Yeah, tbh I think Conte v1 is good enough for Juve, I just think its a longshot with the likes of Grosso, Palladino etc. We should pick a slightly more seasoned coach

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Opinion on De Zerbi?
    The Zibi? He is a good coach with an attacking style of play but quite unproven with a good team.
    He got Brighton to a place above their expectation.
    He could be a hit or a miss.

Zidane is different as he managed Real but as we know Real and Juve arent quite the same in quality.

Tudor who seems like the more reasonable option at the moment has Marseille flying high but its not an amazing achievement just up to their highest standard.

Due to financial issues I think Zidane is more of a dream than a real possibility. Tudor is probably fighting it with unemployed Conte (unless Zidane accepts lower wages)

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
    We're a sinking ship that needs an experienced captain so not a time to mess about. I'd even take Conte for one season to stop the rot but the next appointment will define Juventus for the next few years. We have problems throughout this club so we cannot afford any more mistakes. I really dislike Conteball but he wouldn't allow a winless April that's for sure. Just facts.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
    We're a sinking ship that needs an experienced captain so not a time to mess about. I'd even take Conte for one season to stop the rot but the next appointment will define Juventus for the next few years. We have problems throughout this club so we cannot afford any more mistakes. I really dislike Conteball but he wouldn't allow a winless April that's for sure. Just facts.
    Yeah Conte would surely resign after moaning about the results and transfer budget.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
    Opinion on De Zerbi?
    with Sass 2018-2021 he finished 11th with 43 points, 8th with 51 points and 8th with 62 points, so a clear upwards trend. what worries me is the amount of highly valued players in those Sassuolo teams he coached - Demiral, Lirola, Sensi, Boga, Traore, Locatelli, Scamacca, Raspadori and of course probably the best Sass player ever Berardi. for a team filled with 20m-40m players is 8th really the ceiling and a good result?

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
    with Sass 2018-2021 he finished 11th with 43 points, 8th with 51 points and 8th with 62 points, so a clear upwards trend. what worries me is the amount of highly valued players in those Sassuolo teams he coached - Demiral, Lirola, Sensi, Boga, Traore, Locatelli, Scamacca, Raspadori and of course probably the best Sass player ever Berardi. for a team filled with 20m-40m players is 8th really the ceiling and a good result?
    He could be the reason this player is highly valued under his tenure there. Boga never lives his expectation after moving to Atalanta. Traore also not quite hit the height moving to EPL. Scamacca not doing good in West Ham. Demiral? People want to sell him while he was with us

De Zerbi would be great for us if possible

Jul 13, 2010
    the current coach define Juventus for the next few years

Strickland

May 17, 2019
    He could be the reason this player is highly valued under his tenure there. Boga never lives his expectation after moving to Atalanta. Traore also not quite hit the height moving to EPL. Scamacca not doing good in West Ham. Demiral? People want to sell him while he was with us

De Zerbi would be great for us if possible
    I'm inclined to agree that most of them seem to be overvalued. Still, I didnt view his Sass achievements as smth special at the time, he did a super solid job for sure, but nothing remarkable. No idea on how he's doing in the EPL

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    I'm inclined to agree that most of them seem to be overvalued. Still, I didnt view his Sass achievements as smth special at the time, he did a super solid job for sure, but nothing remarkable. No idea on how he's doing in the EPL
    Expectations at Brighton are very different to that at Juve. People praised potter for his work at Brighton and yet couldn't cut it at Chelsea even if the conditions weren't ideal with their mad owner

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
    Conte is a definition of the rot. He's not the same as 10 years ago and people in general forget that because they remember his stint here.
    FFS, with every new destination he ends up having a shorter stint than the previous one. Plus his constant bitching. Red flags everywhere, stay away.

My shortlist:
    #1 Zidane
    #2 De Zerbi
    #3 Italiano

I feel like Tudor deserves to be up there as well considering his work at Verona and Marseille but we don't have players to play that 3421 of his, we'd need a big mercato for ins and outs to make it.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
    Jun 1, 2012
    I don't know why we are putting Zidane in the list like it's even remotely close to being a possibility

He will only consider coaching us if we sell the club to Arabs or if Elkann decides to pump in like close to a billion dollars into the club

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #980
    I don't know why we are putting Zidane in the list like it's even remotely close to being a possibility

He will only consider coaching us if we sell the club to Arabs or if Elkann decides to pump in like close to a billion dollars into the club
    From one aristocrat to another, I’ve discovered that in certain cases it’s best to simply leave the commoners be with their fantasies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)