[Friendly] Roma vs. Juventus - August 11 (26 Viewers)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Sounds like we are getting back into the groove... Just had a question.. where was TIAGO??
that`s exactly what I was thinking and I have noticed he is not that much of a useful player for us as we better play him as a sub. Almiron is clearly the better player from those two and we need a more defensive minded player with him and that is Nocerino or Zanetti

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Very nice comeback. I was so annoyed with the bad start of our defense but as somebody said here, Birindelli leaving was good UNFORTUNATELY.

I watched the match on Rai Uno.

Here are the ratings:

Buffon: He wasn't really tested. The two gaols were not his fault IMO especially the second one. It was so hard for him to make anything to stop it. He was so lucky to hug that dirty Roma fan who got down to the pitch. Anyway, he was okay. 6

Birindelli: The man lost so much of his capabilities. I wish him a good health, but if only when he is injured, we'll be good on the RB position, so please God let him rest for a long time. 5

Zanetti: He was a nice addition to the midfield. After he got in, we could control the whole midfield. Great understanding between him, Nocerino, Almiron and Legend Nedved. Too bad many Roma idiots tried to injure him, but he was smarter than that. 7

Andrade: Made some good tackles nad coverings, but he wasn't always around when needed especially in the first half. 6

Criscito: Was good and made Totti's attempts look unworthy. A good guy on the CB position. He needs time to prosper more in that position. 6.5

Molinaro: He was better than in the previous match. He should concentrate more on the defending duty as he goes to attack more than he should. Still needs much time. 5.5

Salihamidzic: Our joker during the match. He was effective in the two positions he played at. Nice playing on the RB position. He could make a great difference over there. 6.5

Almiron: Along with Nedved, the best players in the match. He did everything. Although he was somehow a reason for the first goal by Roma, he could manage to compensate for it by his nice assists. He was great at defending too and was everywhere. 8

Nocerino: A talented guy who can do well for Juve. He was much better in the Trofeo Moretti, especially against Napoli. Somebody should tell him not to try his luck at goal directly because simply his direct attempts lack much concentration. He has great enthusiasm and very nice relations with other players. 6.5

Nedved: What can I say?? I was shocked when I read some members here calling for his head in the first half. I mean WTF?? Were they watching another match or what?? The guy made many nice attempts and made decisive passes. He should relax alittle and stop fighting with fags like Mexes. 7.5

Iaquinta: Even if he plays 50000 minutes for Juve and scores loads of goals, I'll still say this guy is in the wrong club. He just spend the whole time fightinf with referees and yelling at them. Very immature behaviour knowing that he was offside many times. He lacks everything. The goal was a nice gesture by Del Piero to make him feel good. He couldn't lose scoring that goal even if he wanted to lose it. 4

Zalayeta: Nice performance despite the short time he played. His power made the difference with small Roma defenders. They couldn't do anything to stop him. I still think Juve are playing him in order to sell him to the audience clubs. 6.5

Trezeguet: Very nice performance. It's been a long time since I saw him that active. He was there when you needed him and he chose the easiest ways to achive the goals. Brilliant. 7.5

Del Piero: Nice game. He made nice passes and tried to assist many players. His assist to Iaquinta was a nice move of him. He needs to work more on his freekicks, I think. 7

And finally, nice match for Ranieri. I hope he chooses the formation which played in the second half today more often in the future.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Always good to thrash Roma. Now the only remaining thing is to get the defence steady. After that we can only get stronger.

Apr 15, 2006
but i never got my +rep :cry:

back to the game, it was played at a hell of a tempo, who said italian football is slow, certainly not as slow as some of the prem games i saw today
i know!!! i feel like thrashing those n00bs who think that Italian football is slow n defensive just cos a few shitty commentators brainwashed them into thinking that!!! :(:(:( hope they die a thousand deaths!!! :(

oh, i tried reppin u but

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Badass Devil again.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
i know!!! i feel like thrashing those n00bs who think that Italian football is slow n defensive just cos a few shitty commentators brainwashed them into thinking that!!! :(:(:( hope they die a thousand deaths!!! :(

oh, i tried reppin u but
i think this whole italian football is slow is a myth now, has been for a few years since italian football has started to open up with more attacking style of play, whilst the english is infact with its foreign influence becomming slower with more defensive style

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
The Forum was down for me:(.I feel sorry for you Badass,I'm expecting a photo of you while you eat your pants:D.
The forum went down for me too, but streamerOne kept going and I saw another 3 goals.

We got off to a bad start, but once the injured Biri was subbed, we picked up. I knew Iaquinta would score as soon as I saw Badass's post that he would eat his pants, (just before the forum bombed me out) and sure enough he did. Be careful with those bets, Badass, Vinny might score again.
Five goals! Pity Trez didn't get his hat-trick.

Finally, my jinx bets worked! :weee: :weee: :weee:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
The forum went down for me too, but streamerOne kept going and I saw another 3 goals.

We got off to a bad start, but once the injured Biri was subbed, we picked up. I knew Iaquinta would score as soon as I saw Badass's post that he would eat his pants, (just before the forum bombed me out) and sure enough he did. Be careful with those bets, Badass, Vinny might score again.
Five goals! Pity Trez didn't get his hat-trick.

Finally, my jinx bets worked! :weee: :weee: :weee:
yeah im quite the betting bloke, only usually i win them :cry:

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
You're kidding, right?
I said this because i knew del piero was not playing from the start,and when the captain goes off (BIRINDELLI)in the first half,they will always choose the real captain when the second half would start anyway..and of course Del Piero would always be the capitano..

Anyway,woooooohhhoooooo 5-2,take that motherf*ckin Romans,hheheheehh

:pint:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
spalletti was speechless in his post match interview, and tbh i would be too, 2-0 up dominating and you go on to concede 5. i was v v impressed in the reaction, but we really need to get into gear quicker not after we're being punished

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
god i really dont know how spalletti is so rated? i mean we trounced roma 4-1 2 yrs ago, they lose 7-1 to man utd and tonight lose a 2-0 lead to 5-2 yet they can only manage to win convincingly against inter.
spalletti's strength is the way the players change position which can confuse the defense especially if specific defenders were assiged to specific roma attackers.

but he have two problems. one he cannot hold back the game. for roma to win (especially in big games) they have to keep pressure for the 90 minutes.

his other problem is that he only have one way to play and when a proper manager (fergeson or capello) know's how to block it spelletti is screwed

having said that, he is considered one of the best coaches practicing in italy nowadays and arguably his system is one of the most entertaining (if you dont count tonight's match:wink: ) .

Apr 15, 2006
spalletti was speechless in his post match interview, and tbh i would be too, 2-0 up dominating and you go on to concede 5. i was v v impressed in the reaction, but we really need to get into gear quicker not after we're being punished
exactly!!! it's like we're shit nervous when every match starts!!! thank god this time the damage wasnt done so we could bounce back!

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
that`s exactly what I was thinking and I have noticed he is not that much of a useful player for us as we better play him as a sub. Almiron is clearly the better player from those two and we need a more defensive minded player with him and that is Nocerino or Zanetti
Seems we will have too many UNusefull players this season. I really cant see how Tinkerbell will be able to manage the midfield Playing time especially when camo gets back....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)