[Friendly] PSG 2-3 JUVENTUS [26th July, 2017] (2 Viewers)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Gonzalo does fuck all whole half but scores with ease after splendid combination with Dybala :star:

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
This is why it's pointless playing cautious defensive football with this guy. Feed him and he's an animal. Expect him to dribble past 3 people and slot one in and you'd be better signing half of the members on 'Tuz.

CarloP

Jan 24, 2010
Bentancur with a very impressive half. Didn't look out of place at all on a pitch filled with top players. I'm super excited to see him grow this season. And yeah, Pipita wasn't having the best of games until his well-taken goal, but it was a tightly-contested half with PSG defending well for the most part. Cavani didn't do much either on the other end. Also liked Cuadrado's directness, he was causing fits down the right side for the first 20 or so minutes.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Still hoping against hope we convert Cuadrado to a full back and be done with it. It's not like the top teams of the last 6-7 years have had two defensively amazing full backs. It's a very important role in the final third now. As long as your defensive positioning is OK and you put in a shift you can make it. That's what I see from Cuadrado.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I reckon he'd be in his element next to Pjanic.
Exactly. People want flash. So what he's not technical. He runs all game and would allow pjanic to move up. Do we really even need to spend 40m on a nzonzi? Nzonzi isn't starting over an in form Marchisio, and marchisio looks like he's fully recovered. It's widely known ACL tears usually take an athlete two years before a return to full form.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Still hoping against hope we convert Cuadrado to a full back and be done with it. It's not like the top teams of the last 6-7 years have had two defensively amazing full backs. It's a very important role in the final third now. As long as your defensive positioning is OK and you put in a shift you can make it. That's what I see from Cuadrado.
Unless we buy Cancelo, this is absolutely what we should do. Cuadrado seems like a far better fullback then De Sciglio or Licht. He's decent defensively as a wingback in 3-5-2. And his offensive contributions are more suited to a FB then to a wide forward. He's too erratic and inconsistent to be depended on as an attacking only player. But having him behind someone like Costa or Bernadeschi would be fantastic.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Exactly. People want flash. So what he's not technical. He runs all game and would allow pjanic to move up. Do we really even need to spend 40m on a nzonzi? Nzonzi isn't starting over an in form Marchisio, and marchisio looks like he's fully recovered. It's widely known ACL tears usually take an athlete two years before a return to full form.
I'd say the thing this team misses above all else is a prime Vidal. Now obviously Matuidi, or Vidal for that matter can't replicate that. But Matuidi is close enough. We don't need another lightweight midfielder. We have zero physicality from our starting CMs and the more physical ones we have are just not good enough. Matuidi is good enough on the ball and brings the energy we so desperately need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)