[Friendly] JUVENTUS 2-2(4-3) Milan (July 27th 2023, 10:30pm EST) (3 Viewers)

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
We did ok in the game but I hate the formation, it's too defensive and it doesn't utilise our best players. Judging by the current squad, go for a 4-5-1 because Allegri won't go 4-3-3, ever.

Chiesa was great on the wing, having a proper LB or RB to support would be better. He doesn't work as a SS. Have Kostic the other side. Weah was decent and a young LB would be great. The 3 in CM could be anyone but hopefully they're dynamic and Locatelli gets some form.

Up front a lone striker is fine if the wingers are supported by the LB and RB. Blocking the wingers in a 3-5-2 with no creative CM is us done. Having overlapping LB and RB is the way forward given our still zero creativity CM. Getting someone like Zaniolo would be perfect.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Was it 3-5-2 with one natural winger as a SS and another natural winger as a wingback?

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Yes, but Chiesa was picking up the ball wide and staying wide to cross or cutting in to shoot. I didn't see him run down the middle at all. He clearly enjoys being wide and performs his best there. We really need a fit and reliable attacking mid to get the system to work properly.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
was very annoyed at the lineup of this match, so realized that in midfield- Rovella, Rabiot, Fagioli and Pogba injured :sergio: how can so many players be injured at the same time :sergio:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
didn't watch, healthy sleeping >>> jj

I watched it a day after, as in now. Borrowed laptop from some nice Japanese couple in the hotel lol

I liked weahs, chiesas (their pace was lethal), Mirettis (good passing game) and huisens (very controlled performance)games. Nicolussi looked composed too.

Not good first impressions on cambiaso and yildiz lol Sloppy in their minutes, Soule ain't a wingback, good on the ball but no pace (will need real backup for weah). Loca needs to be more involved then he was.

Worst player was iling jr, who was totally out of place as CM. He never looked like was in the game at all. Just drifting centrally not sure how to be involved or make himself available to get touches. Needs to strictly be LW, playing same time as chiesa and kostic hogging left wing was silly.

Huisens needs more minutes, that was very promising first 45 minutes in senior football.

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody got a link to the full match?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)