[Friendly] JUVENTUS 1-2 Barcelona [July 22nd 2017] (48 Viewers)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
My assessment what I saw live at the game.
Not as terrible a first half as people are making it out to be. Barca were way better simply because they had much more quality on the field. Buffon was good, Mandzu's holdup and aerial threat were nice. Marchisio looked sluggish at times, but that's okay. Benatia and Barzagli put in a decent show but got owned on Neymar's second goal. Our right flank was getting complete overrun though. Not so sure about the others.
Second half was better. Chiellini and Dybala were great. Szczesny was :tup: Higuain's holdup and passing was good, shooting was rusty. Costa looked menacing but still needs to gel with the rest of the team. Sandro was a machine. Cuadrado was by far the worst player on the pitch in the second half with his atrocious decision making.
Wonderful crowd, the Juve fans were outnumbered, but were far more active and noisy than the Barca crowd.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
lol at the starting formation/lineup. Max playing defensive midfielders as forwards. :baus: :allegri: :madmax:

Mandžukić

Bentacur - Lemina - Sturaro - Marchisio - Khedira

Asamoah - Benatia - Barzagli - Lichtsteiner

Buffon​

::lol3::

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Mandragora would look right at home working at genco olive oil
Exactly with his hair style and mustaches .

- - - Updated - - -

We should get rid of Lemina and Sturaro ASAP.
Also Benatia was shaky,Neymar make a fool out of him (like Tevez in the past) a couple of times.
Higuain just must score from that Sandro pass as well Pjanic on Bantacour pass.
I was impressed by Sczescny .I watched him last year for Roma and he was awesome but now that was confirmed yesterday.Very good move getting him.
Cuadrado was shit.Never know what to do with the ball.
De Sciglio gives a very good first impression.
I didn't understand that line up fielded by Alegri at the first half.
The pitch was shit.The ball was so slow.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Mandragora for Bonucci CB role? Lol.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
he played there in Serie B for Pescara, hes not unfamiliar with the role

his name is too damn long though. poor him and Berna, makers havent considered them for the new shirts :touched:

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
It's a friendly so we shouldn't judge much. I'll do it anyway though lol:

The game showed that the rotational players are very average and can't handle big games. Lemina, Asamoah, Rincon and Sturaro should be starting for low level Serie A teams, not us. Benatia and Lichsteiner are very average too. The midfield lacks a strong physical presence like Vidal/Kante/Nainggolan as we get absolutely run over by great passers and I pray to god we could get another offensive minded RB even if De Sciglio.

The positives are Mandragora, who has always looked good when I've seen him play and I hope he has a future with us as I see him as a better rotational option than the aforementioned mids tbh. Szczesny showed to be an excellent shot-stopper too. The attacks started flowing once our starters got on the pitch so I doubt we have problems in that regard, especially when Berna joins us.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I was working and missed the match. I believe it was a very interesting one. Thank you brothers for your input. But what about Bentancour?
He didn't do badly considering the circumstances.

And here are the circumstances:

A) He played out of position on the left of a 3 man line consisting of himself, Lemina, and Sturaro

................................................................. Yes, you read that correctly.

And to top it off, that was the 3 man line that was playing behind Mandzukic in the first half.

Against Barcelona's A team for the most part.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I was working and missed the match. I believe it was a very interesting one. Thank you brothers for your input. But what about Bentancour?
Nothing special.It's a big question mark if he is a Juve material or mot.Was invisible all the time he played bar that pass to Higuain .

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Exactly with his hair style and mustaches .

- - - Updated - - -

We should get rid of Lemina and Sturaro ASAP.
Also Benatia was shaky,Neymar make a fool out of him (like Tevez in the past) a couple of times.
Higuain just must score from that Sandro pass as well Pjanic on Bantacour pass.
I was impressed by Sczescny .I watched him last year for Roma and he was awesome but now that was confirmed yesterday.Very good move getting him.
Cuadrado was $#@!.Never know what to do with the ball.
De Sciglio gives a very good first impression.
I didn't understand that line up fielded by Alegri at the first half.
The pitch was $#@!.The ball was so slow.
Barely a backup.

Use him as RB where he hurts our attacking game the less.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)