[Friendly] Indonesia XI 1-8 JUVENTUS (August 6th 2014) (38 Viewers)

maljeaux

Aug 6, 2014
Good workout from the guys today thats how i see it

i dont think we should argue about the opposition because it was what it was always going to be but for our purposes we needed it as a warmup to see where players fitness are how theyre gelling with each other and the coach's philosophies etc etc

when i watched this match i was more looking at our players how theyre running, how the measured their ingame intensity, individual errors, passing, teamplay etc etc these are things we have to progress with

also pleased that we are making a significant effort to market ourselves globally and making the sacrifice of these long miles. i know conte wasnt particularly infavour of these long journeys but hey, it is what it is and we have to push in multiple areas on and off the field to progress from just 'being relevant' in global football

im sure in the future we will be invited to these little mini tournaments held for european clubs at different locations across the world...every little bit counts..

coman, pereyra, evra are warming nicely and im so glad that we have these options off the bench..of course good starts need to be built upon and we can only move from strength to strength

issues with allegri i think the fans need to move on about that and stop being immature about it..it has happened and it is what it is and i have confidence in allegri because he has been given a more than decent group to work with rather than that circus milan have become in recent times

forza yoovay

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
im sure in the future we will be invited to these little mini tournaments held for european clubs at different locations across the world...every little bit counts..
We were there last year :lol: And should have been this year too, but couldn't because we have had already planned this "Asian Tour"...

Although doesn't take that much to be invited there, believe me. ;) Also teams like Olympiakos, Everton, Milan, Inter made the cut in last years... And we participated (with great results against Real and Arsenal) also in Ferrara and Ranieri days. :D Just to make a little point.

maljeaux

Aug 6, 2014
We were there last year :lol: And should have been this year too, but couldn't because we have had already planned this "Asian Tour"...

Although doesn't take that much to be invited there, believe me. ;) Also teams like Olympiakos, Everton, Milan, Inter made the cut in last years... And we participated (with great results against Real and Arsenal) also in Ferrara and Ranieri days. :D Just to make a little point.
yes i am aware of that.

last guiness cup left a sour taste though

but these tours are necessary now and then

was referring to people that arent too enthused about the quality opposition

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Since juve is getting excessively high percentage revenue out of tv money, its imperative that we do these tours and more to expand our networks and coverage

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Of course to take pre season seriously is beyond stupid. But looking at the bright side - even though our adversaries are as weak as they come - at least it's better than last season.

Take Llorente for example, this is really good that he's scoring goals, a player of his role needs to be scoring constantly, friendly/training or not, he needs to stay sharp in front of goal and practice makes perfection. It builds up confidence as well. So this is a good start.

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
The past 2 times Juve came here to Toronto, they played Fiorentina and then Sporting a few years later. Both stadiums were nowhere near half full, and this is when Ale was still captain. My utmost respect to all the Indonesian fans, really surprised me with the amount of support and fans that Juve has over there. :flag1:

delpiero4life

Mar 23, 2010
:tup:

Well, the results on the preseason hardly matters, but whats important is that players get confidence in what they can do and be aware of what they cannot. More importantly, the preseason is like an "advertisement" period, for players to showcase what they have.
I think this is even more important this preseason than previous ones, because Conte already knew the group and no mtter what happened in the pres season, he had his selected group of players he was going o use anyways.

But now with Allegri starting from zero with most of them, it would be good that they show what they have got now, and let the dude think about our who he is going to deploy and which formation to use.
For exmple, from what i read, it seems pepe is trying to redeem himself. I think Pepe on his can be more useful than Padoin. So if he can shake off his mediocrity from the last 2 seasons, then we can add him tot he roster as atrump card, instead of Pado who offers notjhing.
I saw this under conte's first season but somewhere it got lost in the last 2 seasons even though our results more better

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'd probably put the J-League, K-League and Chinese Super League ahead of us. I think the other Middle Eastern leagues suck balls, besides the odd star players going there, maybe the Iranian league as well?
The Middle Eastern leagues currently have little structure or project, they just add shiny things, and sometimes that is enough. That's why their national teams are garbage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)