Friendlies: Azzurri - Holland / Ivory Coast (6 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I can't believe that Abbiati and Vieri are in the squad. Bonazzoli and Lucarelli should at least get a chance. Is De Sanctis injured or something because he's much better than Abbiati.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
We Will Attack Holland-Lippi
11/9/2005 8:02:00 PM
Italy boss Marcello Lippi wants the Azzurri to play an offensive match against the mighty Netherlands, on Saturday evening.
The last time Italy played against the Orange outfit was back in EURO 2000, when they amazingly ousted the host country from the tournament following a dramatic semifinal penalty kick shoot-out.

The Azzurri reached that result thanks to an amazing performance by keeper Francesco Toldo and an incredible flurry of squandered goal-scoring chances on behalf of the Netherlands offense, while Italy rarely even made it past the midfield throughout the entire match.

But this time there will be a different Italy on the pitch, according to the Italian boss.

“I would be happy if the team plays with the right mentality against Holland, trying to impose our game-plan and looking for a victory,” Lippi told reporters this afternoon.

“I am sure the importance of the game will give us the right stimulus to do well,” he added.

Lippi also provided his view on the chances Van Basten’s side have of winning the World Cup.

“They are a great team, one of the favorites to win the German tournament, right behind Brasil and Argentina,” he said.

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Tifoso ] ++

exactly

Vieri n Iaquinta being there also is very funny

i would've called Tavano and Bonazzoli instead

and even callin Chiesa would be less stupid ;)

and i think Stefano Fiore deserves a call
its about time someone said this

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
de sanctis is indeed better than abbiatti but he has been playing really poor latley, i thought cheillini might have got into the squad.

for the match against holland

abbiatti

zambrotta canna nesta grosso

camo pirlo gattuso
Del Piero

toni Gila

and for ivory coast

amelia

zaccardo Barzagli matterazzi oddo

de rossi barone Diana

iaquinta vieri DP/???

this would give all juve and milan players a weeks rest although maybe abbiatti might play the two games.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
id say terlizzi from palermo would have made the squad only he got injured against sampdoria.

england v argentina
holland v italy

should be two good games to watch

Gino Genesio

Nov 14, 2004
totti is out!

again!!!:fero:

i am sick of him he always does this ! always!!!

its always the same with him!

ore els he gets himself get a red card to let us italians down ore els he is injured !

i am really sick of this its always the same with him!!

we have a superpower that we never can use!

:down:

he is a great player but it looks like he only and ONLY wants to play for roma and no other team!

does he hates juve so much that he doesent want to play with some of the juventini in the squad???

i dont know what it is but it looks like totti doesent want to play for Italy!

ps if the worldcup begints isent cannavaro the captin from italy???

inmagine fabio lifting the worldcup :touched:

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
van nistelrooy is out of the dutch squad.

off topic why do brazil never play any friendlies against other world cup contenders, no offense but how much can they learn from playing U.A.E
and oman.

hope emerson only plays in the first game. also thuram played full 90 mins for france against costa rico vieira was an unused sub

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Totti, RVN, Return Home
11/10/2005 3:06:00 PM
This weekend’s prestigious friendly between the Netherlands and Italy will be played without two superstars of the game.
The first forfeiture arrived from Camp Italia this morning as Francesco Totti was allowed to return to Rome after being diagnosed with a muscle strain.

A couple hours later the news that Ruud Van Nistelrooy will also sit out of the match was revealed by the Dutch outfit.

The Manchester United star injured one of his ribs during this morning’s training session.

Both players are expected to be perfectly fit when league action resumes in a little over a week.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Eire ] ++

off topic why do brazil never play any friendlies against other world cup contenders, no offense but how much can they learn from playing U.A.E
and oman.
Because there's not that much they can learn anyway...no matter what team they play against. What they could use is money, and they'll probably get that from the UAE and Oman.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
well if the played a few decent teams they might see how their defense is holding up.

i honestly beleive they will not win the world cup this year

Gino Genesio

Nov 14, 2004
i hope italia wins the worldcup but :down:

i always knew we would win the worldcup , we have almost every worldcup the best team on paper , but they have dissapoint me always :down:

i hope that this time they play with :heart:
and bring finally the worldcup back to the best soccercountry ever :touched:

i also believe lippi is dowing something great to put in so much young blood on the field , i have a feeling they care more about italy than lets say totti

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
i also think what liipi is doing is good he is in affect trying to have two quality players for ever position and the only way to bring forward the development of the reserve players is to play them in matches, so they will be ready if called upon in the world cup and the italian starting 11 as a whole will not be weakened significantly no matter which player is injured.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
as i posted earlier i expect liipi to start with his precieved strongest 11 available at the moment against holland and make 9 or 10 changes to the starting 11 against the ivory coast

++ [ originally posted by Eire ] ++

for the match against holland

abbiatti

zambrotta canna nesta grosso

camo pirlo gattuso
Del Piero

toni Gila

and for ivory coast

amelia

zaccardo Barzagli matterazzi oddo

de rossi barone Diana

iaquinta vieri DP/???

this would give all juve and milan players a weeks rest although maybe abbiatti might play the two games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)