free webspace (1 Viewer)

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
i know i've already asked for free-webspace-sites in another thread, but i think it deveres an own one...

i'm searching a place where i can store juve-goals, but also safe made movies, so it should have at least 50mb...

do u have any tipps for me?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
I believe you will have a very hard time finding 50mb of free space. I've never seen any free ones with that much space. Sorry.

But you could get your own domain and all that crap. It's really not very expensive... at least not in Denmark.

OP

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    it's not the problem to find 50mb of free space, but many have banned me for putting copyrighted data on it... (for example recorded goals)

here for example u can find loads of free web hosting pages...
    http://www.freewebspace.net/

i've found 43 with more than 50mb & ftp...
    not bad, eh?

OP

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    Maxmc, I am just curious. You say in your signature that Ramazotti is giong to write the next juve inno, is it true?
    jep it is - great news, isn't it?

i read it in the last hurra juventus...
    eros promised it ferrara to write it if they reach the cl-final and so they did....

btw: sorry for the late response

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
    how about geocities ? i am trying to build a not so big site, just some artwork and maybe some writings, what would be the best in your opinion people ? it has to be free :D

OP

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #16
    personally i don't like geocities neither....
    i would search free webspace without ads...

i have nearly finished my new site (in dreamweaver), but i still have a small problem - in mac-browser safari it looks fine, while in internet explorer there's a small white space at the bottom...
    actually it should work as i've worked with tables using blank pics so that they can't resize...

i don't know if it will be ready until sunday (i'll fly to nice-france and then to caorle-italia), but when it's finally online i'll tell ya so to make a little site check ;-)
    (and notice that i'm not a pro-webdesigner...)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I just started doing a site myself and I have to say Mozilla is very code friendly, seeing as they follow all the standards. At one point I wanted to do a thin horizontal line using a table row. In Mozilla it looked fine, in IE it was 10 pixles thick.. :rolleyes:

OP

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #18
    hmm... did u just set the table bg to the color of the line?

u can create a thin horizontal line using css in dreamweaver...
    u can create a new css-sheet and then in the "borders"-section u can choose where the border should be.... u can also choose the size - 1px
    then u can drag&drop the css-sheet on ur table row and it should work...
    if the table doesn't contain anything u should use a invisible .gif file to ensure that its size doesn't change...

another possibility would be creating a small .gif with the wished color of ur line... insert it in ur table - choose the height - 1px and the wished lenght...

hope it helps...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Well I solved the problem obviously. What I did first was do a table row height 1 and the bgcolor I wanted, then put in a transparent gif height 1 in there. But that didn't work in IE.

Now it's just a table row with height not defined and bgcolor that I set. And that seems to work for some reason so I just left it like that.

Code:
    <td class="zero" bgcolor="#999999" colspan=2> </td>
    and td.zero is empty..

OP

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    i understand...

if u build a page it's often really annoying.. in one browser it works perfect and in the other one not...

especially layers are a problem... netscape and ie often display them completely different...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)