Free kicks without DP?! (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
I know, but I meant the direct freekicks, shots on goal. Neither of them seems likely to score from one. I say we should let Tacchi have a pop from one of them, he can't be any worse than Davids :redface:

otherwise Camo might be allowed a shot :)
Camo and Tacchi buggered up 2 freekicks last night ;)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Oooh I liked that one Tacchi strike last night (from open play). :drool: Too bad it was miles wide, if only he could find his precision a little often. :cool:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
neddy could've scored thrice,all from long shots.

tacch scores from long shots just about as often as paramatti manages to tackle someone without hurting himself:D

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Well... Camo, Tacchi, Birindelli and of course Nedved!
Haven't you noticed that Nedved kick many of them also when DP is playing and anycase he have been more sussecful this year with free kicks?

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
if you're talking defenders who can take freekicks then look no further than carlos,chivu and harte.and since we want someone young,chivu seems the right choice.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Chivu will be the best aquirment!
About freekickers defenders the best is R Calrlos and also Mijailovic is amazing, but I don't think they will mouve from they club and they are not so young indeed...

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
we just need dp....but we still have to wait for 3.5 weeks!
02/27/2003. Juventus striker Alessandro Del Piero is recovering from his leg muscle injury quicker than expected.

He suffered the setback on February 2 but is now back in full training with his team-mates and could now be back on March 12 for the Deportivo match.

He could feature in a friendly later today.

Soccerage.com

:extatic:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
Well... Camo, Tacchi, Birindelli and of course Nedved!
Haven't you noticed that Nedved kick many of them also when DP is playing and anycase he have been more sussecful this year with free kicks?
When you say more successful this year, do u mean more successful than Dp or Nedved has been more successful than last season as I do not actually remember Nedved scoring from a freekick at all this season though I may be wrong and going from 0 to 0 is not much of a success when I was in school, it might be different now:D

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
When you say more successful this year, do u mean more successful than Dp or Nedved has been more successful than last season as I do not actually remember Nedved scoring from a freekick at all this season though I may be wrong and going from 0 to 0 is not much of a success when I was in school, it might be different now:D
0 to 0 from direct frekick but Nedved is the second serie A player (after Baggio) 4 "assists from inactive balls" this season. As I remember well he made 4 of them 1 or 2 may be from corners, but at least 2 came form freekick.
Is it true that Birindelli and somebody else scored from freekick and Nedved not yet this season but I still consider him better, also cause to score directly and to pass perfectly the ball to somebody who score at the end make the same result: a goal!
About the corners... they are anycase kicked from Neddy in one side and from Camo in the other... I guess you noticed that DP kich them almost never.
DP actually scored many goals (if I'm not wrong 4 of the 7 not penalties he made this season) from freekicks and corners, but actually he was the one who deviated them not who kicked. That's actually important the same, but the "subject" is about who shoot them....

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
Do not think alot about who would take the freekicks now ... DP is coming after less than two weeks and he will deal with everything.........

come back alessandro juve needs you ... we all need you ...

Sep 28, 2002
i remember nedved scoring from direct free kick. that was when he played for czech nt against lithuania some 3-4 years ago. czech won 4-0... in lithuania...:down:

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
I think Nedved will do good on freekicks. Another alternative is NO ONE! We need Alex for direct freekicks at least

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Today the first goal (Guly autogoal) came again from a Neddy freekick!
I guess there no question about who was the best Juve player till now this year with freekicks in serie A! Also if he didn't score any directly...
Btw can somebody remember how many goals came direct from a freekick and who scored tham this year? I'm kind of confusing with the cup's goals...

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
Today the first goal (Guly autogoal) came again from a Neddy freekick!
I guess there no question about who was the best Juve player till now this year with freekicks in serie A! Also if he didn't score any directly...
Btw can somebody remember how many goals came direct from a freekick and who scored tham this year? I'm kind of confusing with the cup's goals...
If he has not scored directly from a free kick how can he be the best, when there is someone in the team who has scored directly from free kick

Look I do not understand your logic , to be honest I never have, everyman and his dog knows it was Toldo's error that caused the goal as the free kick was poor and as far as I am concerned if you do not score directly from a free kick , you are not a good free kick taker

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
It was very difficult for every GK and def to denied the goal, cos Neddy's shot was so deep and hard to clear the ball.

btw, I agree with u Denco...that a freekick taker should score directly from a freekick. like Becks in a long days ago.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)