Franco Cristaldo/Adrián Cubas watch (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Thank you.

First gotta know the context. It's actually tough to judge on Vadalà because our primavera is pathetic, compared to the investment made the last years. They fail hard both to win and to produce quality players. All the staff on the youth sector should be held accountable, from Grosso to Pessotto. Pessotto is just working very very poorly, he should let go a long time ago.

The few prospects we have can't play as a team and don't look nowhere near good enough to have a shot at the professionals. Even though there is a bit of raw talent in some of them, they just don't develop during their time at Juventus. They are all very naive and physically weak. In the past 5 years, the norm is to go from Allievi to Primavera and actually perform worse and become more insecure. That's what has been happening.

In this context, Vadalà started the season as a starter, because of his "big primavera signing" status, at Grosso's unbalanced and crazy offensive 4231, with little defending capacity from the 4 men in front.

As usual, they display some talent in passing and play building, but defending is completely atrocious, like the past seasons.

He couldn't make an impact, the team has no identity, has been doing very poorly in all competitions, and Vadalà has disappeared for a few weeks now, he doesn't even stay on the bench. Should be injured or something.

So his fitting in is very questionable so far, and he didn't have the proper conditions to showcase any eventual talent. When he played, he was average.

Anyway, our Primavera is basically a black hole. They manage to suck all kids talent and confidence. Juve should look to sign the kid and develop elsewhere.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Vadala has been in good form of late, as the primavera has settled into a decent shape with consistently good results leaving us top of our league and through to the quater-finals of the coppa, where we will face Genoa in early January.

I've begun writing about the youth squad for the juvefc site and will try get one stuck in here next time I scramble one together.

Agreed on some points regarding Grosso and Pessotto, but the results have come good and there are other coaches and decision makers in the youth sector. I do not see any other teams in Italy churning out top drawer youngsters from their academies...Udinese sticks out, perhaps, yet they give youth a chance at an earlier age to get them in the shop window as quickly as possible. Results do not matter as much for Udinese, they do for us. We cannot afford to use the senior squad as a creche.

As for our options at Boca...Clearly Bentancur has been the most impressive so far this season. Wouldn't surprise me to find Beppe trying to nail down his registration in January, but leave him there on loan. Especially Cubas yet also Cristaldo have both shown great promise, but have found playing time a little harder to come by in the first team. Still, they are playing and growing.

DelPirlo

Dec 26, 2013
There are strong rumours coming from Argentina that Real Madrid has made a bid for Bentancur. I'm kinda worried this might be true, I do really like this guy. Top prospect IMO.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
why is this in the player discussion though? neither of these guys is owned by us...

about those rumours, doubt Real made a bid. this ban is a perfect excuse for media to make up as much trash as possible.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Real Madrid want him. But we have first option, right?
Apparently he's the bees knees, hope we get him. What is the point of the the option and the shitty transfer fee we got from Boca for Tevez?

He'd be much better off here. We'd sign him and send him out on loan to Sassoulo were he'd play compared to what he'd get in Real.

Beppe won't let Real get him, he'll get him just to prove a point.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Real Madrid want him. But we have first option, right?
Apparently he's the bees knees, hope we get him. What is the point of the the option and the shitty transfer fee we got from Boca for Tevez?

He'd be much better off here. We'd sign him and send him out on loan to Sassoulo were he'd play compared to what he'd get in Real.

Beppe won't let Real get him, he'll get him just to prove a point.
real would do the same

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Can someone who follows Boca give an update on these kids it would be greatly appreciated. Did Real drop their interest in Betancur?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)