Franck Ribery (16 Viewers)

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Ribery Sacks 'Ill-Advising' Agent

Marseille winger Franck Ribery has parted company with his agent.

The report filtered through the French media around noon, confirming that the right-sided midfielder had dismissed his agent after being convinced that he had been ill-advised last season, when a move to Lyon was close, as much about the transfer as about talks over a new contract.

He has not chosen a new representative, and it is understood that he will not be rushing to sign with one, his father helping with the negotiations in the meantime.

Marseille are currently fourth in Ligue 1, and have given in to being unable to hold on to the player without hiving him Champions League action.

They are open to offers, should the price be right. Lyon, Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Manchester United and Real Madrid have all been linked with him.
Source: Goal
________________________________________​

Does this mean that we've to forget about him?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Ribery Sacks 'Ill-Advising' Agent

Marseille winger Franck Ribery has parted company with his agent.

Source: Goal
________________________________________​

Does this mean that we've to forget about him?
I'd say so. I think the only time Juve was seriously pursuing him was when Camoranesi's future seemed uncertain. Juve would have to overpay in Chelsea-like fashion to get him to overlook no UEFA/CL. That just isn't neccessary for them as wing is one of few places that Juve has acceptable Serie A-class depth with Camoranesi, Nedved (likely), Marchionni and Salihamidzic.

I'd forget him and make a big splash somewhere else.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I'd say so. I think the only time Juve was seriously pursuing him was when Camoranesi's future seemed uncertain. Juve would have to overpay in Chelsea-like fashion to get him to overlook no UEFA/CL. That just isn't neccessary for them as wing is one of few places that Juve has acceptable Serie A-class depth with Camoranesi, Nedved (likely), Marchionni and Salihamidzic.

I'd forget him and make a big splash somewhere else.
In spite of the presence of Camoranesi, Nedved, Marchionni and Salihamidzic, we still lack creativity in our midfield. Hence, overpaying in order to capture Ribéry's signature would be a wise step by the management. He has pace, a thing that we do lack in the squad, besides being able to play on both flanks.

Generally, I reckon that the only obstacle in such a bargain is whether we are serious or not in our negotiation and are we willing to compete with the other European top sides for him. Also, Ribéry's hunger for playing in the Champions League will make our offer useless, even if we offer a fortune.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I would love to see Ribery on Juventus. I think that after Barzagli at CB and a solid DM we will have plenty of money to splash to Ribery. He is exactly what we need at Juventus and as Ahmedios said, unless he wants the CL THAT bad, we may have a shot if we make a serious offer.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I don't see Ribery choosing Juve over Inter and Arsenal, and as good as he is, a winger isn't really our priority.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
He isn't that traditional winger who runs and just crosses from the leftwing. I see him like a creative Nedved. More elegance, less power. He'd be a great replacement.

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
True! His position can be little backward and can little learn the defensive view of the game. Nedven played similar position as tetraquartista but under Capello he established as a LM. Why can Ribery do the same he would be more useful on right

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
unfortunately we wont sign ribery, but he would certainly have been a good addition to the squad, im sure he could play as an attacking midfielder, guess we'll never know!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm not saying Ribery wouldn't be good for Juve, he'd be great, but we should focus on our priorities first. Centre backs and centre mids.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I'm not saying Ribery wouldn't be good for Juve, he'd be great, but we should focus on our priorities first. Centre backs and centre mids.
That's a plausible view actually. As I think that we are in an urgent need of two centre backs and two centre midfielders; a DMF and an AMF.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
That's a plausible view actually. As I think that we are in an urgent need of two centre backs and two centre midfielders; a DMF and an AMF.
Exactly. Two centre backs, Frings, and an attacking mid are our priorities. After that we can look at players like Ribery, Huntelaar, etc.

Is Florent Malouda still a possibility?

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Exactly. Two centre backs, Frings, and an attacking mid are our priorities. After that we can look at players like Ribery, Huntelaar, etc.

Is Florent Malouda still a possibility?
According to the latest rumours/news, the only clubs which are approaching Lyon for Malouda are Juventus and Fiorentina.

Also, Monsieur Deschamps said that Malouda is on his transfer list.

Inara

Dec 14, 2006
Right, that's what I thought. Malouda isn't as good as Ribery but he'll be easier to sign.
Easier to sign? :disagree: Yeah right. As if Aulas will ever make anything easy. Lyon puts a special tax on all their players, and since they don't need to sell, nor do they need the money, Aulas will slap a high price on Malouda and be annoying about it. It won't be like Barca getting Abidal because Abidal wanted to leave, and Lyon already purchased a perfect replacement.

And I don't think Malouda will leave Lyon. He said that while he would consider all options, he's happy there and feels like he can still improve at the club. Plus, he doesn't want to jeopardize anything before Euro 2008.

Going to another club in another country will take some time to adjust, and he doesn't want to take the risk of not fitting in/being a back up just as Domenech is shifting around his squad. He's a starter at Lyon and plays in a system that makes the most of his talents. He will probably wait another year before leaving.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
the thing is that juve seem to miss out on the one player they should have signed.

Fact is that we need creativity in midfield. If camoranesi stays, we still need a replacement for nedved. can we really expect nedved to be the player he once was? Is Marchionni or Salihamidzic good enough as his replacement?

Two centre midfielders are needed, but will DD want 1 DM and 1 AM?? highly unlikely as he prefers attacking from the wingers. If Diego and Frings joined, then great, maybe we get away with buying a Malouda for the left wing or something. But this highly unlikely and DD will want to DM in the centre.

This team needs help all over it. And if Trez, Caom and buffon are leaving, then it needs more help.

kitno

May 1, 2007
He have done it in car accident!
:rofl:
Yes at the age of 3 years. Ribery is a good player and i found him also a better player than Malouda. There are many clubs interessed in Ribery. Wenger found him the object for Arsenal to sign. Nasri who also played for Marseille is also a good option for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)