Franck Ribery (3 Viewers)

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
In my opinion the right-midfielder(in this case Quaresma) don't need defending abilities,his main job is the offense. Keep in mind that for the defense part we have a right back>>>Grygera:p

how come man !! look how Camo and Nedved plays...they are helping in attacks and defending ....beside that, ur formation is near to ACM, and in Quaresma position u can find either Gattuso or Ambrosini and both have defending abilities....so :oops:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Your Formation(sig.)

----------------------------Buffon-------------------
Grygera--------Barzagli---------Heinze------Riise
-----------------Almiron-------Frings--------------
Ribery------------------------------------Quaresma
---------Huntelaar-------------Palladino------------
My formation:

-------------------Buffon-------------------------
Grygera-------Boumsong-----Alex----Chiellini
----------------------Mavuba---------------------
Quaresma-------------------------------Nedved
----------------------Nasri-----------------------
------------Del Piero----------Huntelaar--------

So where is the difference besides the playernames?I have just replaced an attacking midfielder for a defensive Midfielder of you(Frings/Almiron)?Besides my formation is risky&offensive I don't see a problem...

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
But my formation is meant to be a offensive 4-4-2;)
Nasri is a midfielder...

yeah thats what i meant , u will not find a great team plays with just 1 DMF or at least has MFs with defending abilities .....look (Essien - Makelele) the 1st can defend and help attack, the 2nd mostly destroying the attacks....(Carrick - Scholes) same idea ...( G.Silva - Cesc)....(Vieira - Cambiasso)....(Gattuso - Pirlo - Ambrosini) ...so Mavuba alone will look like Real without Makelele....u need a Destroyer like Sissoko or Frings and a Connector player ( connects the team lines) like Almiron, Lampard, Gerrard, Cesc, Pirlo, Essien..etc) so all of my talk is just to say to you that ur proposed formation will not work :D .......

we can say .....

-----Sissoko-----Frings------
-----------Almiron------------

----------Nasri--------------
Quaresma-----------------
------------Hunter--------

but @ the end this will not happen with DD :smoke:

Hint1: all of this is just to prove that ur formation will not work ...:eyebrows:
Hint2: in my formation i used 1 CMF as Connector and 1 DMF as a Destroyer
Hint3: in case of 433, the MFs have to include 2 DMFs and 1 CMF

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i think DD will attack from the wings and have a good two way midfielder beside the destroyer. Hence why i think Frings(possibly Emerson) and Almiron will be those players.

To get both Quaresma and Ribery will be hard. both would be great and are exactly what the team needs, but i think others wil try go for them.

I think the club should go for Mancini, that would great and it would be easier as Quaresma would get lots of attention from the other big teams.

buffon
grygera samuel barzagli balzaretti
mancini frings almiron ribery
huntelaar del piero

well balanced team.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
and tell me Lion, how many do you think will join in the summer? a whole new midfield will be brought in. Zanetti doesnt seem to be getting much credit considering everyday the club is rumoured to a new DM. Giannichedda is definitiely leaving. Paro and Marchisio could very well be loaned out. Tacchinardi wont stay. Camoranesi is destined to leave after his troubles at the club. Nedved will still be there, but it seems he wont play a key role anymore.

centre backs are being rumoured to join, and grygera has already been bought.

And a striker/s look iminent to join also.

Only Buffon, one of Chiellini or Balzaretti and Del Piero look like maintaining there spots in the starting line up.

That is of course if Buffon does stay.

I think the club will have a major transition, which lets face it, is required if we want to compete. Is this a formula for disaster...possibly...but i dont think Secco and DD have much choice. We are clearly lacking in so many positions and even though we may sit on top in Serie B, we would be lucky to be midtable in Serie A with the current team.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Buffon
Grygera.Barzagli.Criscito.Balzaretti
Brazzo.Frings.Almiron.Nedved
Toni or Trez.DelPiero/Palla

Neddy

Aug 8, 2006
btw. Why you wanna play with Balza instead of Chiellini, Daddi.? Chiellini is the future imo, even though Balza performed best yesterday... I would either see him at the RB, but there is Grygera... Luxux-problem :p

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I actually think that Chiellini is a security risk, and that he isn't so good with the ball. Balzaretti is a player that I feel I can count on more than Chiellini atm.

:S

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
and tell me Lion, how many do you think will join in the summer? a whole new midfield will be brought in. Zanetti doesnt seem to be getting much credit considering everyday the club is rumoured to a new DM. Giannichedda is definitiely leaving. Paro and Marchisio could very well be loaned out. Tacchinardi wont stay. Camoranesi is destined to leave after his troubles at the club. Nedved will still be there, but it seems he wont play a key role anymore.

Only Buffon, one of Chiellini or Balzaretti and Del Piero look like maintaining there spots in the starting line up.

I think the club will have a major transition, which lets face it, is required if we want to compete. Is this a formula for disaster...possibly...but i dont think Secco and DD have much choice. We are clearly lacking in so many positions and even though we may sit on top in Serie B, we would be lucky to be midtable in Serie A with the current team.
my post was not an attempt to attack you. I Very well understand that more than 5 players may be necessary to buy. I just think that that many players is just going to ruin our chances of a CL spot.

Durden

May 11, 2006

I disagree. It seems like Zebina is about to extend. Trez just confirmed he's staying. I seriously doubt that camo will leave he's still under contract till 2009.
Secco would never replace our entire centre midfield, atleast Zanetti and Paro will stay.
New players take time to settle in, just look at the new players this season, so I don't think were in for a revolution.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
my post was not an attempt to attack you. I Very well understand that more than 5 players may be necessary to buy. I just think that that many players is just going to ruin our chances of a CL spot.
Lion, apologies if the tone in my post suggested that i thought you were attacking, it wasn't intential. The question of how many players you thught would join was out of curiosity.

Durden, what Trezeguet says now and what happens in the summer is two different things. I think when players are rumoured to leave it makes it hard to concentrate on their game. Hence, I believe the club and players would be trying to ease the media off them for a while. I still think Trez will leave.

As for Zebina, if he does stay, I still don't see him being a starter. Same as Zanetti and Paro for that matter.

In addition, we were discussing starting players, not the overall squad for the midfield.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004

thats exactly what I'm thinking of...:)

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
8 new players in the lineup = Failure
we are already lacking beside the possibility of Trez and Camo leaving ....
and the only players could help us in A are DP, Zebina as sub, Nedved as sub, Chiellini, Balzaretti & Buffon, C. Zanetti as sub, Palla as sub....or :

Grygera/Balza---CB/Criscito----CB/CB(sub)----Chiellini
-----------CMF/Zanetti(sub)---DMF/DMF(sub)-----------
A.Winger/salihamidzic-------------------A.Winger/Nedved
-----------CF/CF(sub)-------------DP/Palla(sub)------------

but the team need to play as many games as we can to gel quickly and Secco must finish our market quickly

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
we are already lacking beside the possibility of Trez and Camo leaving ....
and the only players could help us in A are DP, Zebina as sub, Nedved as sub, Chiellini, Balzaretti & Buffon, C. Zanetti as sub, Palla as sub....or :

Grygera/Balza---CB/Criscito----CB/CB(sub)----Chiellini
-----------CMF/Zanetti(sub)---DMF/DMF(sub)-----------
A.Winger/salihamidzic-------------------A.Winger/Nedved
-----------CF/CF(sub)-------------DP/Palla(sub)------------

but the team need to play as many games as we can to gel quickly and Secco must finish our market quickly
I thought that said A.Wenger for a minute!!! i was going to say i dont think he has the pace any more for the flanks!!

the teams being displayed here show FAR too many new players, we will not have 6/7 new starters unfortunately as that would disrupt the whole balance of the squad and it would take us about 3-4 months to play co-ordinated football, i think we will see something like this:

buffon
Zebina-Grygera-Barzagli-Chiellini
Camo/Ribery-Almiron-Mavuba-Nedved
Huntelaar-Del Piero

if camo stays we wont buy another winger, if he goes we'll hopefully buy ribery who is a better player and would easily fill his shoes, i'd also like us to buy a new left winger so we could move ned into the centre but we'll have to wait and see

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
That defence is still shakey though. Barzagli to me wont set the world on fire and having Grygera beside him is a worry also. Zebina is a nightmare even when he is on bench. chiellini still needs to improve to hold down the position over Balzaretti.

Does Nedved still have what it takes to play in Serie A consistently? Or is he the super sub next season?

We have Salihamidzic and Marchionni if Camo leaves, but are they good enough? They can both play both wings also...

The club wants to rejoin Serie A and make a challenge for the scudetto, look at Roma, Milan and Inter's starting line up and compare them, we are far behind.

I'm not saying that major changes wont make it hard to be successful, it will take time for everyone to get used to each other etc...but if we dont buy quality players, we wont be challenging the scudetto at all.

And lets not forget, many players will be leaving in the summer as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)